4 GB thumb drive. deleted data appears again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun_p_g

Right off the assembly line
hi all

bought a 4 GB MP4 player from ebay.
main purpose was to hear music and at the same time, to use it as a storage device.
i noticed a problem.whenever i try to delete the files inside it . it says "cant delete.... " chk the attached image

*img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01xg6.jpg

*img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01xg6.jpg

i tried virus checking..but i feel its some prob with the drive ..

whenever i delete the data @ some time, when i refresh it .. the data reappears either with the same size or with 0 KB size
donno watz wrong

i cant format becoz many frnds formatted their thumb drives and it showed sizes almost 1/5 th of the original value (like for a 1 GB drive it showed 128 mb after formatting )

i hav heard taht some mp3 players comes with format software
if anyone can upload it , it would be really thankful :smile:

or somebody plz suggest a solution to recover from this problem..

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Actally this 1 GB mp3 players have 128/256 MB memory only.
If you format, the player will die.
So, try this. After clicking delete, if it doesn't delete. goto to task manager. Shutdown explorer and restart it again by typing explorer at the new tasks prompt. Delete again.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
the sony ns11 series mp3 players and other simlar artificial stuff's capacity drops a lot after fromatting. however, even before formatting the entire space isn't available. u can only avail the space that actually exists on the player, which is what is shown after formatting.

format your player. if space does reduce, simple contact the dealer. he sold u a 4gb mp4 player. anything less means he cheated u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom