4 GB thumb drive. deleted data appears again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun_p_g

Right off the assembly line
hi all

bought a 4 GB MP4 player from ebay.
main purpose was to hear music and at the same time, to use it as a storage device.
i noticed a problem.whenever i try to delete the files inside it . it says "cant delete.... " chk the attached image

*img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01xg6.jpg

*img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01xg6.jpg

i tried virus checking..but i feel its some prob with the drive ..

whenever i delete the data @ some time, when i refresh it .. the data reappears either with the same size or with 0 KB size
donno watz wrong

i cant format becoz many frnds formatted their thumb drives and it showed sizes almost 1/5 th of the original value (like for a 1 GB drive it showed 128 mb after formatting )

i hav heard taht some mp3 players comes with format software
if anyone can upload it , it would be really thankful :)

or somebody plz suggest a solution to recover from this problem..

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
First of all, see whether you have the cd which come with such players. It should contain the utility which you require. It is not advisable to format with other software because your mp3 player will stop functioning. You may also go their website and see what is available.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Try to format MP4 player with MP3 Player Disk Manager

But be careful while creating Encrypted Partitions !!

OP
A

arun_p_g

Right off the assembly line
Ramakrishnan said:
First of all, see whether you have the cd which come with such players. It should contain the utility which you require. It is not advisable to format with other software because your mp3 player will stop functioning. You may also go their website and see what is available.

the cd is there.. but no such utility..
abt website.. no info abt that

any software to format it ?
can any give a link for that ?
thanqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom