4.1 sound card problem on windows drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_jay

Broken In
i have a creative inspire 4.1 4400 with SB PCI card.i am using windows xp with sp2.the problem is that when iam using windows drivers the sound is only heard from front 2 spkrs.i also tried changing sound settings in control panel ...no use.
when i am using creative drivers sound is from 4 spkrs.but it has very poor quality.i tried updating it..but even the last update of creative 4.1 is of year 2002.

can i use drivers of other companies or can i configure windows drivers for running the 4 spkrs??

cool2c43

Broken In
i want to know wat sound drivers are installed in u r system , hhmm even though i ll tell u one technique, for CREATIVE 4.1 , they will have TWO inputs which should be connected to CPU, i.e GREEN plugin to GREEN of the CPU scoket and the other BLACK to the RED PLUGIN to RED scoket(mic in) , then on the SOUND driver software u make modification such that u select 4.1speaker mode and then make the MIC IN as the SPDIF out , then definetly u r 4.1 works ?

OP
J

jay_jay

Broken In
can u plz tell how can i do this 'MIC IN as the SPDIF out'
abt the driver
Creative audioPCI(ES1371,ES1373)(WDM)
DRIVER VERSION - 5.1.2535.0 (MICROSOFT)

cool2c43

Broken In
u better install, some audio driver like name C-MEDIA, or VNYL or REALTEK , with latest version, then in that software u ll have options such as, 4.1speakers,5.1speakers,.....MODES . in that u ll have an option that make (MIC IN ) as also a audio output, or by name SPDIF out , so try this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom