3D gaming

akkies_2000

Journeyman
I've been thinking of buying Samsung e550 plasma tv with over 50 inch size primarily for gaming in 3D and then movies on a big screen, but am confused now. Seems like my XFX HD5850 would not be able to handle the load although I plan to run it at 720p @ 60hz - using hdmi 1.4 cable. This additional cost is pushing me off as my mobo cannot accomodate another card so crossfire means even more expense.

Any feedback on hd5850 handling 3d gaming @ 720p? How good is HD7850 - selling my current card will offset some cost, i guess. Not too sure about Nvidia.

Please do not respond with general comments like "3d is not mature, not enough content".

Thanks

rahulmax

Broken In
"below is just a suggestion"

If your prime objective is gaming then go for active 3d monitors, i have Asus vg278h 3d led 120h refresh rate. you will get a nvidia 3d vision 2 kit with the monitor. It has mind blowing 3d gaming and 3d movies are just out of this world. You would need a nvidia based GPU to support that monitor. I have a gtx 560ti and i do 3d gaming on mid to high settings, and its awesome.

I have seen avatar 3d and mosters vs aliens 3d on this monitor and i can't express how much i loved it. i wish it was bigger , its just 27"
so, if you want pure 3d gaming go for this monitor, BUT if you want both gaming and movies and a big screen go for a bigger screen but try and get an active 3d monitor or screen.

PS: 3d with nvidia is awesome!!

OP
A

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Thanks. But for me it is not justified to spend 40k for a 27 inch monitor which is useless for the rest of my family :) that is why thinking of a tv...

Any idea of Nvidia cards compatibility with new HDTVs for 3d gaming? At what resolution do you run your games - lets say bf3, jc2, crysis 2.

Top Bottom