38 - 43 inch 4K TV suggestion

markerOne

In the zone
I know there's a similar other thread, but I didn't want to start it up again.

1. Budget?
INR 30k - 40k (can stretch up to 43k)

2. Display type and size?
LED/OLED,
38 - 43 inches

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Movies, Netflix, YouTube.
Occasionally might connect my laptop to it.

4. Types and number of ports required?
min 2 HDMI and a USB

5. Preferred choice of brand?
Vu, Hisense, LG, Samsung

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
I've narrowed down my choices to the following.

a. Samsung 108 cm (43 inches) Crystal 4K Series Ultra HD Smart LED TV UA43AUE60AKLXL (Black) (2021 Model)
b. TCL 108 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD Certified Android Smart LED TV 43P615 (Black) (2020 Model) | With Dolby Audio
c. LG 109.2 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 43UP7720PTY (Light Black) (2021 Model)
d. LG 108 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 43UP7500PTZ (Rocky Black) (2021 Model)
e. Hisense A71F 108 cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV with Dolby Vision & ATMOS (43A71F)

7. Any other info that you want to share.
My priorities are Picture Quality, Adequate sound, great UI and after sales service.
I don't plan to buy a console anytime soon. But I'd like to get a 4k TV to future-proof.
I also prefer either the Android OS or the webOS from LG. Haven't experienced the Tizen OS from Samsung yet.
I don't have a soundbar yet (maybe in another 6 months). I wouldn't want to max my volume to 90+ whilst watching movies on any OTT.

I'm open to other suggestions as well. Unfortunately, I don't see the Vu TV in stock anymore, so haven't included it in the list.

khalil1210

In the zone
check this out

*www.croma.com/hisense-a6ge-108cm-4...channel-surround-sound-43a6ge-black-/p/240634

If you are planning to buy hisense check out in chroma online or local. The above tv has 3 years warranty on chroma but in flipkart and amazon it is only 1 year

I would say HiSense A71F is good. Its cons according to me would be older android 9 OS & VA panel's lower viewing angles (but most budget TVs have VA panels).

My friend bought the 50" version of A71F, which after card discounts & other discounts with the FK extended warranty costed 26k for him in the sale. I'm impressed by the TV honestly, panel is as good as the Panasonic GX750 for which my parents paid more than 2x money. Speakers are decent. With VA panels, if you are not sitting at front & view from oblique angle, the colours fade out a bit, but you get a great contrast ratio. I have even played games on that TV, other than being 60Hz, I didn't notice any lag of sorts.

For OLED, you need to increase your budget 4-5x.

@omega44-xt , If you were to suggest OLED TVs, what would your choices be? Would it be worth investing that extra 4-5k in them?
To clarify, that is 4-5x not 4-5k, i.e 4 to 5 times more. If OLEDs were just 5k extra, I would have somehow pushed my friend to OLED as well instead of a VA, the difference is night & day.

LG B1/C1 are good choices, but way up of your budget. In India,I have not seen the 48" models, just 55".

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
To clarify, that is 4-5x not 4-5k, i.e 4 to 5 times more. If OLEDs were just 5k extra, I would have somehow pushed my friend to OLED as well instead of a VA, the difference is night & day.

LG B1/C1 are good choices, but way up of your budget. In India,I have not seen the 48" models, just 55".
Then Every household would have those OLEDS at home and VA panel business had been Doomed :lol:

OP
markerOne

markerOne

In the zone
I was trying to look at the differences between the Hisense 43A6GE and 43A71F
Looks like the former was released in 2021 and the latter in 2020.

Do correct me if I'm wrong and I'd appreciate if you can shed some light on other differences as well.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
go through this entire thread Need 4K TV 55" Budget 50K-60K
Its for 55" TV but you will get the idea what to look for and the differences.

I was trying to look at the differences between the Hisense 43A6GE and 43A71F
Looks like the former was released in 2021 and the latter in 2020.

Do correct me if I'm wrong and I'd appreciate if you can shed some light on other differences as well.
A71F, A73F, Vu premium & Vu cinema/action all have the same panel which is easily the best panel in budget TVs, better than Mi TV 5X as well. Those TVs have 450 nits of peak brightness. Watch that video posted by TigerKing earlier.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Mi TV 5X is mostly targeted for women who watch daily soaps, bright RED BLUE colors

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I bought the Motorola ZX Pro 43 inch model with IPS panel by LG recently. Viewing angles are great. 4K content looks nice.

I have not come across any major con yet. If you have seen an IPS panel before and are alright with the grey background (compared to black in OLED?) it is a good choice I feel.

I bought the Motorola ZX Pro 43 inch model with IPS panel by LG recently. Viewing angles are great. 4K content looks nice.

I have not come across any major con yet. If you have seen an IPS panel before and are alright with the grey background (compared to black in OLED?) it is a good choice I feel.
I felt the blacks in VA to be pretty good as well. Yes, there's some colour shift if you look from bit extreme angles, but for a decent range in front of the TV, it looks good.

If you want great viewing angles, IPS is the way to go.

Top Bottom