• Poll closed .

eskimo

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

After a lot of searching, I narrowed my choice between following two models:

1. Panasonic TH-L32E5D LED 32 inches Full HD
2. Sony BRAVIA 32 inches HD LED KDL-32EX550

I more inclined towards panasonic, after seeing comparison here:
Panasonic TH-L32E5D LED 32 inches Full HD Television vs Sony BRAVIA 32 inches HD LED KDL-32EX550 Television: Compare Televisions: Flipkart.com

Before taking a final call, thought of asking here once for your opinion - and if I'm missing something. It's my first huge investment -- getting it for parents. :)

Criteria's considered:
1. Good Display & Audio quality (obvious, but still. Full HD 1920x1080 preferred)
2. Out-of-the box support for (downloaded) movies formats. Don't want to convert formats after spending 35k.
3. Support for external speakers (2.1/5.1)
4. PC Connectivity
5. Internet connectivity (Ethernet must + Wifi ready good to have)
6. Brand familiarity/ trust based on recent track record of products n stuff.
7. Availability on a reliable e-comm sites like flipkart or infibeam (I can only shop via website)

The only thing I'm concerned is about warranty. as i can't bargain for more years of warranty n stuff, as i could with local dealers.

Let me know your thoughts guys, specifically about Panasonic. I know Sony has great PQ but factors #2 is lacking also its not Full HD.

Thanks.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Re: 32" LED at around 35k

@eskimo
Panasonic is good at building plasma tvs but not led.and sony 32EX550 is costly for what it offers and its not full HD.

Since you are getting it for parents I would suggest you to go with Philips since they comes with 3 years warranty and free Videocon D2H HD with 1 year or 6 month subcribtion.
Also I think your parent are not going to use Smart feature.
I would suggest you this instead
Philips 32PFL6357 LED 32 inches Full HD Television
Link
Philips 32PFL6357 LED 32 inches Full HD Television - Philips: Flipkart.com
This has very good PQ and sound quality.Its complete peace of mind Since you are getting 3 years warranty.

OP
E

eskimo

Right off the assembly line
Re: 32" LED at around 35k

@eskimo
Panasonic is good at building plasma tvs but not led.and sony 32EX550 is costly for what it offers and its not full HD.

Since you are getting it for parents I would suggest you to go with Philips since they comes with 3 years warranty and free Videocon D2H HD with 1 year or 6 month subcribtion.
Also I think your parent are not going to use Smart feature.
I would suggest you this instead
Philips 32PFL6357 LED 32 inches Full HD Television
Link
Philips 32PFL6357 LED 32 inches Full HD Television - Philips: Flipkart.com
This has very good PQ and sound quality.Its complete peace of mind Since you are getting 3 years warranty.

Flipkart provides only 1 yr warranty even on Phillips and no other benefits which u mentioned :(. BTW I read it many times here that panny is good at plasma's but does that mean its not good at making led's. If so, please share links to supporting articles. For eg, the model suggested belongs to series E5 which has IPS LED screen. Simple google with these terms lead me to following article. this article give good review of the panny, although the model number is different (as they are not reviewing models released in their country) but main components like IPS/Viera Series E5 remain same.

*www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-l42e5b-l32e5b-201207131935.htm

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Plasma is different than LED tvs they have both Pros and Cons.led tvs from Panasonic doesn't offer good value.Panasonic tvs are not good at noise reduction and offers you dull image I have seen it.
As per Philips benefits
LINK
LED, LCD TV festive offer - Philips
REVIEWS
Philips 55PFL6007 review - TV - Trusted Reviews
though this is a uk site but its same 6 series to cut down prices in india they removed 3D and amblight,smart features.
Philips tv I have mentioned have some local dimming which you will find on higher end models.

aroraanant

Explorer
I would suggest you dump both Panasonic and sony model that has been listed above.
No to sony because its is not Full HD and the PQ of Panasonic is not good
If you want something cheap and good(basically if you are limited with the budget) then get Samsung 32EH5000, buy it from Tradus or Infibeam, they are selling for cheap.
Or extend your budget and get Samsung ES5600 and if you are a sony fan then you can get EX650/NX650

Top Bottom