30k, Office + Light games, reliable laptop.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

30-35k INR. The lesser is the better.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

14-15". Weight doesn't matter much provided it doesn't force me to hit the gym to travel with laptop.

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

In the order of priority:
• Ms Office, Chrome, Skype, Movies, Music.
• Relatively older, lighter games: Age of Empires II HD, Team Fortress 2, Blur, War Thunder.
• GTA IV, GTA V, BF3 etc. :p
The laptop needs to perform first two points listed flawlessly. I would not mind losing the last part of the priority list if the device is cheaper.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Need more than 500GB storage space.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Have had good experience with Dell. Not so good with a specific model of HP. Doesn't really matter much as long as it's from good and reputed manufacturers.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution: At least HD. Doesn't matter much, though.
Battery back up: Around 4 hours with Ms Office/Chrome.
Purchase place: Flipkart, Amazon, Local - whichever is cheaper.

1. I have had a bad experience with HP G6 2005AX(which I bought on @Jaskanwar 's advice. Never going to listen to you now. -.-) where the laptop gets incredibly slow at tasks as simple as processing what I have typed or opening Google Chrome, despite trying countless things including factory reset.
    Its touchpad doesn't work when a key on keyboard is pressed, so gaming on it is a PITA too.
    Hence I would like a laptop which doesn't frustrate me or makes me want to bash it with a hammer. In other words, doesn't have shortcomings that HP had.
  2. This is not going to be an immediate purchase. I will be getting it at least a month later, in August.
  3. I do not like Windows 8. Suggest a Win 7 or Linux device.
  4. I cannot reinstall Windows every week nor can I send it for fan repairs every fortnight. Please suggest a reliable laptop that does not overheat. The HP was neither.
  5. It should have a 3.5mm headphone port, not the other headphone-cum-mic port many laptops have.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Could you be a little more specific, please?

Lenovo

- - - Updated - - -

Lenovo Essential G500s(59-383022) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) Rs.31490 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential G500s(59-383022) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Thanks a lot. Could you please also confirm regarding the following:
Its touchpad doesn't work when a key on keyboard is pressed, so gaming on it is a PITA too.

I cannot reinstall Windows every week nor can I send it for fan repairs every fortnight. Please suggest a reliable laptop that does not overheat. The HP was neither.

It should have a 3.5mm headphone port, not the other headphone-cum-mic port many laptops have.

Top Bottom