2D to 3D conversion

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What exactly is a 2D-to-3D conversion feature on a TV? Like how does it work?

AFAIK there are 2 variants of 3D
1.Stereoscopic
2.Analgyphic ( u wear red + blue glasses for it)

& 2D~3D conversion is analgyphic...so u get to same quality videos vertically...which from glasses looks 3D

Ankit Omar

Broken In
Zangetsu is right in the sense that there are variants of how 3D image is rendered. However, 2D to 3D conversion on 3D TVs - whether on active sets like Samsung or passive 3D TVs like LG 3D TV - are always achieved stereoscopically. This will need two slightly different images (corresponding to left and right eye images) - how is that achieved? Answer - through a processor inside the TV. The TV processor takes a 2D image, processes it, and produces two different virtual images, and projects them on the screen. The rest is done by the 3D glasses - pretty much the same way as with "real 3D".

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^I have seen Samsung Active 3D without glasses & it looks all messed up with blue lines overlapping red lines

Jitendra Singh

Broken In
As we know all the movies or videos/pictures content are not shot in 3D. But, by digital 2D to 3D conversion we can watch any 2D video in 3D. All the good 3D TV brands like Sony, Samsung and LG are using 2D to 3D conversion in their 3D TVs.

sachiv

Broken In
When I talk about 2d to 3d conversion then i think it is a standard feature on most of the smart 3d tv sets and the feature is actually quite simple.its method involves taking a 2D image and creating a second version of it.

munish51

Broken In
The major difference between 2D and 3D is the way the content is produced and generating 3d from a 2d image in your smart tv in real time requires more processing power than it does to just display 2d or 3d directly from a source so more powerful processing hardware is the first requirement for the conversion.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Zangetsu is right in the sense that there are variants of how 3D image is rendered. However, 2D to 3D conversion on 3D TVs - whether on active sets like Samsung or passive 3D TVs like LG 3D TV - are always achieved stereoscopically. This will need two slightly different images (corresponding to left and right eye images) - how is that achieved? Answer - through a processor inside the TV. The TV processor takes a 2D image, processes it, and produces two different virtual images, and projects them on the screen. The rest is done by the 3D glasses - pretty much the same way as with "real 3D".

same in 3D Monitor?

Jitendra Singh

Broken In
2D to 3D conversion depends on hardware capabilities. In case of 3D monitors again it depends on configuration.

A couple of 2D to 3D conversion feature enabled monitors are-

LG D2342P

Acer HR274H

Top Bottom