20K Phone for Dad

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello Guys,
My parents anniversary is coming up this month and I want to give a phone for him.
i'm avoiding OnePlus One as there are two at home, and I want to avoid OPT for the moment for my dad (and no invites available). Considering Mi4 64 Gig and HTC 820S but my colleague who has one complained of low battery life. MotoX play wont be available till september.

1. Budget?
up to 20K
2. Display type and size?
5" 1880p, but can do with 720p screen.
3. Dual sim?
Good to have
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Xiaomi, HTC, LG, Motorolla
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Good enough for casual snaps
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
Good to have 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Music,YT Videos, Phone calls
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Mi4 64Gig, HTC 820s
10. Any other info that you want to share
Good to have good speakers for music playback. Dual Speakers will be a added advantage.
64 Gig onboard storage or Expandable MicroSD Card support needed.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
[STRIKE]If you can wait the X play will be a killer.
Please do not start saying it comes with snapdragon 615, it will suck blah blah.[/STRIKE]

Never mind read your entire post.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
If you dont want a performance powerhouse..the new Moto G(3rd Gen) meets all your requirements.I bought it last weekend and in love with it :)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Mi4 64 gb is super awesome for the fact that the UI is simple and easy to use.

If you dont want a performance powerhouse..the new Moto G(3rd Gen) meets all your requirements.I bought it last weekend and in love with it :)
Yes looks like its between Moto G 3rd Gen and Mi4, will decide this weekend.

if there are any other suggestions then please let me know.

$hadow

Geek in making
Yes looks like its between Moto G 3rd Gen and Mi4, will decide this weekend.

if there are any other suggestions then please let me know.

Not being rude but there is no comparison between mi4 and moto g. Mi4 is more of a luxurious phone with metal build and also looks classy whereas moto g is mostly plastic. it would have great if there was moto maker option available in India.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Not being rude but there is no comparison between mi4 and moto g. Mi4 is more of a luxurious phone with metal build and also looks classy whereas moto g is mostly plastic. it would have great if there was moto maker option available in India.

Moto G is in consideration in case I don't get Mi4 64GB, as Moto G has SD card slot(but only supports up to 32 GB)

EDIT: Any notable app compatibility or Battery issues with Zenphone 2?

$hadow

Geek in making
Moto G is in consideration in case I don't get Mi4 64GB, as Moto G has SD card slot(but only supports up to 32 GB)

camera is sorely bad. I know they pushed an update but still it is not that great and along that it is not very ergonomic rest all is good.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
camera is sorely bad. I know they pushed an update but still it is not that great and along that it is not very ergonomic rest all is good.

are you talking about Zenphone 2?

Can I consider Galaxy S5

$hadow

Geek in making
are you talking about Zenphone 2?

Can I consider Galaxy S5

You mentioned s5 and I would prefer s5 over any of these but the main problem with s5 is that it will be going to show sign of slow responsiveness and bagh down performance as is the case with touchwiz. It has a great display and camera which some might disagree but I don't. And since you are buying a phone for your dad I would insist on miui coz of the reason that it just provides a very simple experience for any one. I am using redmi 2 for a while and now I am seriously liking the UI.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

Moto G supports SD card above 32 GB.The reason Motorola said 32gb is SDHC capacity : >2 GB to 32 GB and SDXC: >32 GB to 2 TB.There are folks who have added 128 gb card on a moto g and its working fine. Also you can go to the Motorola Experience Center and checkout the Moto devices.If you want a more premium device wait for Moto X play.

Top Bottom