20-30k Config for Browsing + Photoshop + Very Occasional Gaming

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Primarily for Browsing. Will do Photoshop work & video editing work(no rendering) occasionally. Want to play some games like GTA-IV rarely.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:20k-30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb minimum

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes. 18.5 minimum

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Keyboard+mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This month..puja season

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Odisha.... i will match local price...will buy wherever cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am getting an used Gigabyte G41m + Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600+ OCZ vendetta 2 from forum member at 7800k. I am confused whether to go with these used items and build the rig buying the additional components. OR should I go with the rig mentioned in the 'PC Buying Thread'.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i3 4130 - 7k
Gigabyte GA-H 81M -S 2PV H81 - 4.2k
WD Blue 1 TB - 4k
Any local cabinet - 1k
Antec BP 300 - 2k
Dell S2240L - 8k
ASUS ODD - 1k
HyperXBlu/HyperXFury - 2.5/3k

this should be perfect for you ;)

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Thank you very much adityak469. It exactly fits my budget that too with a 22" monitor. If I want to add a gfx card later, 2 -3 months, which one should be? Thankyou again

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
sorry. found out the processor can handle lowend gaming so I think GFX card wont be necessary. Getting all most all the things cheaper at snapdeal. Snapdeal purchase recommended and covered under warranty?

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Hello again...the rig you have suggested is going good... However I want to move to apple Mac.... Do you think basic Mac mini can offer me the same power as this rig? Or Mac book air?

Hello again...the rig you have suggested is going good... However I want to move to apple Mac.... Do you think basic Mac mini can offer me the same power as this rig? Or Mac book air?

MacMini starts at 36,990 that too without monitor, KB and mouse. I won't recommend it.

Top Bottom