2 Ton Inverter Split AC under 50k

Dr. House

No Regrets
First of all my 30 yr old house living room is around 180-200 sq feet sized, from one side it is surrounded by old school windows.
For that I am expecting a good inverter split AC that chills the room in 45*C North Indian summer.

I found out this Carrier 2 ton 3 star R32 inverter model from flipkart for 44k: Flipkart.com | Buy Carrier 2 Ton 3 Star Split Inverter AC - White Online at best Prices In India

In local shop I am getting Carrier 2 Ton 3 Star HybridJet R32 AC for 48k (4k more for hybridjet model).

Please somebody explain what is this hybridjet tech? Does it worth paying 4k more? *carriermideaindia.com/hybridjet.aspx

Any other better AC in you know. Please tell me. I need to buy as soon as possible.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Even I was looking for a 2 Ton AC for my house for around 45k and was confused as well.
I did my findings for sometime and after checking out so many models I finally ordered the Ester Neo Inverter 2 Ton (3 Star) AC today.

Coming to your query on Hybridjet, I can explain it as per my understanding.
upload_2019-4-12_17-1-32.png

Hybridjet technology is what Carrier claims to help in better and efficient cooling. And it does so by:
1. A vent (#3) on the outdoor unit, which pushes air from outside directly on to the compressor, which helps it to cool down faster.
2. Use a more durable outdoor PCB (2 years PCB warranty on Hybridjet models)
Apart from these I didn't find any.

Coming to my selection, I compared 4 models during my search:
  1. DURAFRESH NEO-X INVERTER (3 STAR) - 52k (offline)
  2. ESTER NEO INVERTER (3 STAR) - 44k
  3. ESTER+ HYBRIDJET INVERTER (3 STAR) - 48k
  4. ESTER NEO HYBRIDJET INVERTER (5 STAR) - 49k
#1 and #2 are inverter models (both have the same specs)
#3 and #4 are inverter - hybridjet models
Check the attached PDF for detailed comparison.

Finally I decided to go for ESTER NEO INVERTER (#2) as I was not interested in spending extra 4-5k just for hybridjet tech.

But if you are planning for Hybridjet model, then better go for model #4, as:
  1. Its a 5 star rated AC - lower electricity bills
  2. It supports FlexiCool - you can adjust/control the power of AC as per your need (50%, 75%, 100%)
  3. It uses R32 refrigerant as compared to R410a of ESTER+ (#3) model.

Attachments

• COMPARISION.pdf
    68 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Thanks! I ordered the ultimate Carrier Emperia Neo HybridJet 2 Ton 5 Star Inverter AC R32 Gas 2019 Model.
Ester models are for online sales only as I contacted distributor of Carrier. There are two types of compressor coming in Carrier, one is made by themselves other may be assembled with chinese Guangzhou elect. compressor that they also put in their Midea brand.
I prefer to buy offline as to get confirm that that compressor is manufactured by Carrier only. For Emperia Neo HybridJet 3 Star I checked that it is 100% carrier parts. When you get your Ester please let others know about compressor.
That 5 star model was not available that time and it is coming next week lot. Awaiting for that. I prefered hybridjet because it may also help in saving electricity as the compressor load will be lesser and it will take lesser electricity. It is a patented technology that no other offers. Also offline purchase installation is at Rs. 499 unlike 1599 of flipkart and other online.

Last edited:

shreeux

Movie Buff
Thanks! I ordered the ultimate Carrier Emperia Neo HybridJet 2 Ton 5 Star Inverter AC R32 Gas 2019 Model.
Ester models are for online sales only as I contacted distributor of Carrier. There are two types of compressor coming in Carrier, one is made by themselves other may be assembled with chinese Guangzhou elect. compressor that they also put in their Midea brand.
I prefer to buy offline as to get confirm that that compressor is manufactured by Carrier only. For Emperia Neo HybridJet 3 Star I checked that it is 100% carrier parts. When you get your Ester please let others know about compressor.
That 5 star model was not available that time and it is coming next week lot. Awaiting for that. I prefered hybridjet because it may also help in saving electricity as the compressor load will be lesser and it will take lesser electricity. It is a patented technology that no other offers. Also offline purchase installation is at Rs. 499 unlike 1599 of flipkart and other online.

Post with a pic later also review...!!!

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

Cost? Is there a link for that model?

@saswat23
Source for that 2 years PCB warranty?

Top Bottom