2 or more Live-CDs in ond DVD !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

writealexthomas

Truth prevails
Hi friends !

I have collected quite a few of the linux live cd isos over past few months. I was just wondering...is there any way to put those (isos or live cds) together in a DVD so that I can just pop it in my dvd drive and run the live-cd from the distro list....

Wishful thinking ;)

But still....anything is possible in Linux !!

Pat

Beyond Smart
It is very much possible. Infact I remember PCQuest releasing a tutorial for the same as well. Googled it out. Here it is:

*pcquest.ciol.com/content/enterprise/2005/105070101.asp

Pat

Beyond Smart
Actually there is an easier way too. Using third-party softwares (available only on windows though IIRC) like MagicISO etc.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Really !!! I didn't knew that !

How do we do it?

I dont know the exact steps. But this is how to achieve it. You need to mount the linux distro iso's as a virtual cd/dvd drive using emulation software. Then using MagicISO you need to extract boot information from all of them. Then, using MagicISO's Multi-Boot Menu creator, you create a multi-boot image (iso). Burn it to dvd and you are done.

A little bit of googling helps too :)

a good tutorial to use MagicISO to create such a disc would be welcome.
Is magic iso a freeware ?
Is this technique reliable ?

And finally, isn't there any automated software with which I can select ISOs and merge them together and make a single bootable disc ?

So far, I have just burnt the ISOs in a single DVD. Then, when I need to use one, I burn it in my ReWritable disc and use it. Nice, plain and old fashioned. This helps since it puts less stress on the oh-so-important disc containing a distro collection. If its corrupted due to over working and hence some scratching, the way Game DVDs get, I would need to download everything again.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hav used MagicISO many times for some other purposes(strictly illegal :D ), but never knew it can be used for creating multiboot disks.... @Pat : thanx for the information.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom