Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1: 2.5k
Logitech X-230: 2.5k

Not to buy:

Creative MMS and Inspire series

OP
V

VenkiP4

Broken In
Any speakers in the range of Rs.5000.....will there be any significant change/effect in sound if I increase my budget? What is the optimum amount I can spend on 2.1 speakers....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My main priority was music and I had Philips MMS430 2.1 for about 3yrs and they died recently. Their audio quality was superb. Then I bought Creative Inspire 4.1 M4500 which I didn't like at all as their sound quality was tinny and nowhere near to philips set. Finally, I bought Altec Lansing MX-5021 (THX certified)for 6.7k (now 6.3k) and believe me, the audio quality of this set is stunning and it's worth every penny.

If you don't have much 5.1 collection and if audio quality is your priority, you should really try Logitech X-2300 (for heavy bass <<hip-hop, disco, rap>>) and MX-5021 (for clean and clear audio <<indipop, india film music, pop, rock, country?>>)

X-2300 is around 8k
MX-5021 is around 6.3k

If your budget is strictly inside 5k. You better stick to the <3k range speakers.

OP
V

VenkiP4

Broken In
Is MX 5021 good for games and movies.... I listen to music occasionally....so my priorities are games and movies....
Where can I buy them in Bangalore.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
VS2421 has one major issue reported by many. It suffers from wireless interference a lot (Lot means a looot).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. Bass in MX-5021 is good.

Where do you live in Bangalore?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
but if you are bass freak, go for Z-2300.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom