2.1 or 5.1 Speakers? And which to buy?

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi friends,

since i got logitech z623 locally i cancelled my order from smc. my local vendor is giving me these 2 options (unfortunately cant try them):

logitech z623: Rs 7600.
logitech z906: Rs.16800. (z5500 not available.)

My primary use is still same, connecting it to my yamaha keyboard. will z906 offer me better sound quality and clarity in comparison to z623? (i m not so enthusiastic about surround sound or louder bass)

please give your valuable suggestions...

thank you.

Vignesh B

Youngling
If I am right z906 is the upgrade for the z5500. Thus on paper though it looks better than the z623. Will have to check out it personally before coming to any decision.
If you push me back to wall, I would say go with the z623 as they are tried and tested speakers.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi friends,

since i got logitech z623 locally i cancelled my order from smc. my local vendor is giving me these 2 options (unfortunately cant try them):

logitech z623: Rs 7600.
logitech z906: Rs.16800. (z5500 not available.)

My primary use is still same, connecting it to my yamaha keyboard. will z906 offer me better sound quality and clarity in comparison to z623? (i m not so enthusiastic about surround sound or louder bass)

please give your valuable suggestions...

thank you.

why do you need a surround speaker when your keyboard won't do surround.
If you can pay around 17k, then just check something like this:

Audioengine 5. (studio monitors)
Klipsch ProMedia GMX 2.1

vindance1

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

got my logitech z623 yesterday. here is my take on them:

- connected to my lg 32ld550 lcd: movies sounds really good.
- connected to my ipod: music clarity is preety good. bass is deep and strong (which can get somewhat overwhelming)
- connected to my yamaha PSRi425 keyboard: sound is ok. above 65-70% volume, sounds on certain notes starts cracking.

overall i am satisfied. but if i had got an opportunity to listen to some other suggested options (like Audioengine 5 or Klipsch ProMedia GMX 2.1 or creative gigaworks t3) would have taken a more informed decision. (unfortunately i dont have the options available in my city).

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats. So you are pretty satisfied with the product. That's important. :)

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi friends,

I am enjoying my z623 connected to my yamaha keyboard. thanks to u guys. i have a query though. i have placed my keyboard on a table and just in front of that table, on another table I have placed the speakers and the subwoofer. (he he he. i live in a hostel)

but when i play loud music through ipod there is a vibration on both the tables. is this going to ruin my keyboard???

Please suggest....

Top Bottom