1st Smartphone for my mother.

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
Guys, We checked out some phones.

Shortlisted HTC Desire 501 (approx 16K), Sony Xperia L, Xolo q800.

HTC 501 is the latest, so I am biased towards this. Xolo q800 has recieved good reviews here but it is a gamble. If works fine till it works fine, but great VFM.

There is no news on Moto G, so we'll go ahead with one of these.

OT: Bad customer service at Reliance Digital - 3 different outlets equally bad. Spice outlet and Chroma gave a better experience.

sushovan

In the zone
Desire 501 is worth 16k and is a better option than Xperia L considering the OP requirements here(which does not include hardcore multitasking or hardcore gaming). Desire 501 is probably the second best phone from a top tier brand at 15-16k range after Moto G. It has got a fairly capable SoC that manages to provide lag free experience despite the sense ui, has premium build and got a much better camera than both Moto G and Xperia L.

jhingalala

Broken In
Desire 501 is worth 16k and is a better option than Xperia L considering the OP requirements here(which does not include hardcore multitasking or hardcore gaming). Desire 501 is probably the second best phone from a top tier brand at 15-16k range after Moto G. It has got a fairly capable SoC that manages to provide lag free experience despite the sense ui, has premium build and got a much better camera than both Moto G and Xperia L.

The 501 dual looks good on paper. I am also interested in this. But strangely it is not getting attention anywhere? How good is SoC as I heard that is first gen Novathor? Sceptical about the battery life!

satinder

DELHIITE
You can try Nokia Lumia 820,
a good pc in single sim at Grab It Price now !
Rs.15,500 at Shopclues !
Try now !
Nothing better can happen than this now !

Check specifications.
This is better than all the listed products here above !

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
Thanks Satinder.

It looks good. Doesn't feel like a budget device. People were complaining about its screen resolution, but it is good enough for the purpose. Ease of use - I have setup the only basic tasks/ apps tiles on the home screen - which means there are only 4 tiles there, also told her about Voice Dialing. So not much confusion there. Yes, Windows Os requires more "button presses" for even basic tasks, but she got used to it easily. :)

Need a review for deisre 501!

I'm new to android. was a Symbian user till now. Still figuring it out using help files and internet :D and setting it up to my liking. Let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to know. Regarding benchmark tests etc - I'm not sure how to go about doing those.

I don't play games on the phone or use too many apps. The phone is lag free for regular use. Whats app is smooth. Camera is good - with instant clicks, no annoying lags while focusing etc. Rear portion gets warm with internet usage. Will try out some more apps and post later. Battery backup is good only if battery saver is on.

jhingalala

Broken In
Thanks Satinder.

It looks good. Doesn't feel like a budget device. People were complaining about its screen resolution, but it is good enough for the purpose. Ease of use - I have setup the only basic tasks/ apps tiles on the home screen - which means there are only 4 tiles there, also told her about Voice Dialing. So not much confusion there. Yes, Windows Os requires more "button presses" for even basic tasks, but she got used to it easily. :)

I'm new to android. was a Symbian user till now. Still figuring it out using help files and internet :D and setting it up to my liking. Let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to know. Regarding benchmark tests etc - I'm not sure how to go about doing those.

I don't play games on the phone or use too many apps. The phone is lag free for regular use. Whats app is smooth. Camera is good - with instant clicks, no annoying lags while focusing etc. Rear portion gets warm with internet usage. Will try out some more apps and post later. Battery backup is good only if battery saver is on.

1.Battery back up in hours and usage.
2. Camera at low light
3. Useable RAM
4. HD video playback.
5. Sound quality
6. Internet speed with 2g and 3g

satinder

DELHIITE
@ lenin.arya
It will take time to understand it properly.
Basic needs are being fulfilled, is good.

@ jhingalala
2. Camera at low light
Good.
Even 520 in low light can show your face properly that Micromax type phones cannot show properly.

Top Bottom