19" monitor flickering and going "off-on" every now and then, when the power led is on!

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Tried it with a different laptop too (this one running Linux) here it switches off and then switches on every 3-4 min. Irritating, but less Irritating than windows where it will also periodically disconnect the monitor forcing all windows from that second screen back to the main monitor and forcing you to unplug and replug the HDMI cable

Tried this with both powered and unpowered HDMI to VGA convertors off amazon, nothing worked perfectly

Guess its time to retire my old large screen CRT, VGA only monitor now

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
You mean when you switch monitors or use another hdmi vga adaptor, the problem disappears? And another thing, did you ever notice gray screen flickering with flashing lines? You can check the video lick i have shared on my original thread. I am so depressed thinking that it maybe the brand new gpu that's doing it, its sad if it does.
Got some flickering due to the monitor disconnecting and connecting back (with that typical CRT switching off sound). It can happen quickly or will let me run for 5-10 min before it happenes ruling out a timed power save kind of thing as well (did disable all power saving for GPU, you can try this as well)

OP
T

Tridibesh

Broken In
Got some flickering due to the monitor disconnecting and connecting back (with that typical CRT switching off sound). It can happen quickly or will let me run for 5-10 min before it happenes ruling out a timed power save kind of thing as well (did disable all power saving for GPU, you can try this as well)
I understand that your only problem monitor going off and turning back on which is common with my case but, i have another problem Which is after the monitor went off for no reason, it's not coming back on normally, its flashing gray screen distorted with no mouse cursor on it. My bios screen is also with overlapping icons and words, it can clearly be seen the video signal wants larger screen. The time i tested my newly built pc at the shop, their monitor didn't show any type of overlapping icons in the bios (the used my hdmi-vga adapter). I am so fucking confused i don't know what sort of paranormal activity is this.

OP
T

Tridibesh

Broken In
Awesome, my monitor has a VGA attached to the monitor, can't try that

Lucky it worked for you
Look, the only reason behind why an old vga cable might cause video distortion or screen flickering is because its pins have become very rusty, and the shining finish is completely gone. Never ever use any ac or signal chords with pc if their pins are not in shining conditions. My new vga cable is thicker than the smps ac chord and pins are pretty shiny and gold coated (looks golden☹️). Install msi afterburner and what's the gpu temp when idle?

Top Bottom