19" LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Hey guys,
I am planning on buying a 19" LCD monitor. I use my system primarily for gaming so i need a monitor which is suited for gaming. My budget is around 15k +/- 2.5k. Pls suggest something suitable for me.

I was looking at the Samsung 940BW. This is a widescreen format LCD monitor. I would like to know from someone who already has a widescreen monitor if these type of monitors are suitable for playing games or are they better suited to watching movies only.

Also, does anyone know the price of the Viewsonic VX922?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I am also planning to buy a 19" LCD. I am also having the same doubts and incidentally Samsung 940BW and Viewsonic VX922 were my initial choices, especially the Viewsonic with its 2 ms response time. BTW how is the wide screen for the regular use? I know it will be nice for movies and I do watch them. But I dont game. Pl comment and let me know the prices.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Make sure you have a 1900XT or 7900GTX to play at that res.

Anyway, get 19" Acer Wide screen at TE for around Rs.13000+. Look in the market section, brand new(pressumed) stuff to be sold by the dealer.

OP
Hells_Fury

Hells_Fury

In the zone
I bought the Samsung 940BW. Got it for Rs. 16000 all inclusive. Im very happy with the monitor. Its great for gaming as well as watching movies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Fianlly made up my decision and ordered VX922 for Rs 17500/-. But I will get it delivered only on 13th or 14th. 940BW was available ready stock for 16200/-. But I preferred the standard format (not wide) with faster response time.
BTW, I think the actual viewable area (in sq inch/cm) is less in case of wide ones, though I am not sure.

gsenthil

Broken In
Guys,

Even I was planning to buy myself a LCD (wide screen)..... Are there any monitors , which support HD. ( I mean , do they have HDMI input)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
gsenthil said:
Guys,

Even I was planning to buy myself a LCD (wide screen)..... Are there any monitors , which support HD. ( I mean , do they have HDMI input)

Samsung 940BW mentioned earlier is HDTV Ready with DVI input with HDCP support as per their specifications but no HDMI input. See the links-
*www.samsung.com/ca/products/monitor/lcd_digital/ls19hawkbqxaa.asp?page=Specifications
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection

ramu

Banned
Viewsonic VX922 is 32,000+ at ebay.in

Code:
*cgi.ebay.in/ViewSonic-VX922-LCD-19-inch-Monitors_W0QQitemZ140040236521QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41808QQcmdZViewItem

janitha

Wise Old Owl
At Ebay, almost always it is like that.
BTW will some body tell the current price of VX922 since I want to know whether the Rs.17500 I have paid is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom