19" CRT Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geforce

Journeyman
Hi All.

:arrow: I wanted to buy a 19" CRT True Flat Monitor.
What model should i go in for.

I am not considering TFT monitors and budget is around
13k. I would like to consider Samsung models as they are good.

:idea: Also i would like to know the prices.

PS: Black models or Dual tone to be considered but not white.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Well u r rite samsung monitor r really gud accordin 2 me they r da best in da market 2day.u can go for magic bright 2 19'' flat moni it will cost u sum where around 12k.u r not going for a LCD moni but still i'll like 2 tellu sumthin if u can spend 16k u can get a very gud 17''LCD monitor and its performance will b far more superior den dat of any other 19''flat CRT moni so juz think twice b4 buyin i m insisting u bcoz it makes hell of a diff as well as its da future.but u wont regret buyin a 19'' CRT moni 2.but wen compared 2 LCD.....???if u hav already made up ur mind den dun look further Magic bright 2 19'' samsung is juz awesome.

Biplav

In the zone
go for crt monitor. - it saves u near bout 5 thousands and gives u 2 inch more large viewing.
u wont be able to get the crisp and clarity. but still it is real good.
moreover with crt u can view from a wider angle.
and yes samsung is the largest selling monitor brand in India.
So ur options area pretty cleared out- u should be goin for samsung

goobimama

 Macboy
performance will b far more superior den dat of any other 19''flat CRT

I don't think so. In a design world, CRT is much preferred to the LCD standard. The colours are a big problem when it comes to TFTs. Also, I believe gamers would have a problem, I dont know cause I don't play games. And a 16k-for-a-17inch, wouldn't give that good performance (I'm guessing).

go for crt monitor. - it saves u near bout 5 thousands and gives u 2 inch more large viewing.

You are wrong there. You see, the CRT is measured by picture tube size while LCD gives you real screen size. So, in effect, a 19 inch CRT would be 18 inch viewable, while 17 inch LCD is 17 inch viewable...
Huh?

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
Can anyone list the prices for

Samsung 957MB
Samsung 997DF

In a recent digit issue it was written that these monitors are not available in black.

Is there a black model (19") in samsung available.
Dual tone will also be fine.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@geforce
well yes der is a model wid dual tone-black and silver which is some where around 12k its a samsung 19''Magic brite 2 best in 19'' monitors.

D

Deleted member 5901

Samsung 997DF <--- MY FRIENDS GOT IT !!! ITS JUST GREAT !!!

CHEERS ~!!!

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
@Aniruddh
@King_Niral

Thanx for your inputs guys.

I'll go for either of the two depending
upon the price.

Last time i went to Nehru Place they said they didn't have it (a clear no at your face), but i think i'll have to find some samsung showrooms around.

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
WHAT IS THIS

:evil: I just talked to Samsung Dealers and Local Shops

:arrow: NO 19" SANSUNG MONITOR IS AVAILABLE IN BLACK :idea:

:x I don't believe it. I don't want to buy a white monitor.

US website of samsung lists a black 19" flat model (990DF), they even have dual tone models of the same.

These are not available in INDIA.

What shoud i do, any other options :?:

PS: WHITE 997DF is available for 13.5k

shaunak

Tux Fan
did u try samsung india's site?
according to me only 21" monitors r available in only white versions

amit_arya

Broken In
Re: WHAT IS THIS

Geforce said:
What shoud i do, any other options :?:

PS: WHITE 997DF is available for 13.5k

Hmm...
options you have
1->either buy the white one and forget it
2-> wait for Samsung to launch a black one
3-> Ask samsung to arrange one for you... this is possible if you know some biggie in corporate IT world
4-> Ask one of your friend from US to bring one... but cautions... Handling and Voltage issues
5-> Buy a white one and Spray paint it with black / dual tone or Tri tone .... just kidding

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
amit_arya said:
Hmm...
options you have
1->either buy the white one and forget it
2-> wait for Samsung to launch a black one
3-> Ask samsung to arrange one for you... this is possible if you know some biggie in corporate IT world
4-> Ask one of your friend from US to bring one... but cautions... Handling and Voltage issues
5-> Buy a white one and Spray paint it with black / dual tone or Tri tone .... just kidding

Oh look, I have got hope. (Nice Options)

:( options 3 and 4 are out 'cause it ain't gonna happen

:cry: Spray paint with all those holes in the monitor .... well i guest option 5 is out as well.

:roll: I can wait for Samsung to launch a black one

:) Or i Could buy a white one .... NAAAA :cry: I want Black

@shaunak : I have gone through their India site and unfortunately they don't think that a indian would buy a 19" black monitor.

Kannan

In the zone
I am a Multimedia Programmer and I am using Viewsonic UltraBrite E90f+SB and is damn good and I am satisfied. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/aiwan1/good.gif

*www.viewsonic.com.au/product_photos/crt/19/e90fplussb_m.jpg

More info here *www.viewsonic.com.au/products/productspecs.php?id=110

Costs Rs. 14,500/-

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
@Kannan

:) Viewsonic UltraBrite E90f+SB is a Nice monitor.

:? It is slightly over my budget but i could go for it.

:idea: Just thinkin about the refresh rate
1600 x 1200@69Hz
1280 x 1024@80Hz
1024 x 768@105Hz
800 x 600@132Hz
640 x 480@163Hz

:? 1280 x 1024 would be the default resolution at which i would work and i usualy switch one notch higher when i am really working hard with some code, so anything slightly over it and the refresh rate will fall below 75MHz or less.

For my eyes :shock: , i need refresh of excess 85MHz for it to be strain free.

:arrow: This is reason i am not going for 17" most have refresh of 65Mhz at 1280 x 1024. (I know one or two models have higher but NO)

On the other hand Samsung SyncMaster 997DF has
1920 x 1440 @64Hz
1800 x 1440 @64Hz
1856 x 1392 @66Hz
1792 x 1344 @68Hz
1600 x 1200 @76Hz
1280 x 1024 @89Hz
1152 x 864 @104Hz
1024 x 768 @116Hz
800 x 600 @146Hz
640 x 480 @160Hz

as the response, and it costs 13.4K (white)

So really comes down to me being fussy about the color (black).

What do you think should i go in for :?:

Kannan

In the zone
Geforce, when the refresh rate is above 75 Hz you will not find any difference practically with your eyes. This I have tried with not only 19 " but also with 21".

Also if you use resolution above 1280x1024 then you will need to use the Zoom functionality of that particular application to see the object clearly as the object size decreases relative to the view of your eye when the resolution goes beyond 1280x1024.

I took the Viewsonic due to the following reason.

I called up the Samsung Centers and also sent a mail to Samsung India stating that why Samsung 19" monitors were take away by Samsung from the retails shops & distributors. The reason they gave was that the pricing of the 19" Samsung Monitors were invalid and were to high and there was no sale practically for 19" series.

Also in the phone they said that 19" monitors were having gemotrical problem when working with 3D softwares and the final ouput of that software were not equal to the printed material.

So to solve those gemotrical problems, Samsung has taken back the 19" series back to the factories.

This was back before 9 Months and at that time the only choice I had were Viewsonic & LG, and according to the review by lot of people they felt that View Sonic was better than Samsung and LG and so I took Viewsonic.

For your information Samsung 19" costed around 17,500/- at that time and donno how much it costs now.

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
kannan said:
For your information Samsung 19" costed around 17,500/- at that time and donno how much it costs now.

:? Samsung 19" cost 13.4k now which is a decrease from 17.5k as you have mentioned, thats almost 4k of difference.

When did you buy viewsonic at 14.5k, if its anything to go by then the viewsonic would cost much less now. :wink:

If you know the current price of viewsonic do post.

Kannan

In the zone
I purchased Viewsonic 9 months back. May be you are right, the price might have dropped.

I will talk to the local dealer from whom I purchased and will post the price back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom