180Hz LCDs .... kick a$$ display

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
JVC Builds 180Hz LCD That Makes 120Hz LCDs Look Like Chumps

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/10/JVC_180Hz.jpg

Motion blur is a problem in LCDs, and until now, the best solution was 120Hz processing: double the frames, and the blur tends to subside. JVC looked at the situation and said, if doubling works okay, then how 'bout we triple it? This week, at CEATEC, the result was on display. Little is known about this smooth operator—which is a 768-line 720p set and probably just a little bit warm to the touch

Source

goobimama

 Macboy
That screenshot is some kind of marketing gimmick. I've never experienced such blurryness on any kind of display (maybe some 1080i content, but it stays there).

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
my guess is that u wont feel it till u place it next to a sharper display :)

anand1

In the zone
As the technology of LCD is now shifting form normal LED to Organic LED's the problem of Motion Blurr has never been seen as the major challenge or is being faced in this high tech LCD technology so there is no need for havinh more research on this Motion Blurr field.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ the research isnt on mtoion blur :lol: .... its pretty simple a fact that most students even discuss wen we were taught tv .... doubling the frames makes it good tripling or quadrupling will make it better and that is what htye have done ... :)

casanova

The Frozen Nova
^^
Yup, it's like the more the merrier.

Kick a$$ display that will burn holes in your pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom