--

anderson1

Banned
So I am basically a digital artist with no programming knowledge whatsoever. I have a portfolio that I created using free wordpress. But I really want to create my own personal website, just the way I want it. I've got some free time these days and I'd really like to learn all it takes to building a website. Any tips on how and where to get started and proceed will help. Thanks a lot.

Any help ?

According to me you should learn the HTML,XML....

Hrishi

You should know the basics of HTML and XML then you can easily create websites.
First of all start with Basic HTML.
Work on couple of examples , then design some simple html pages on your own.

Learn CSS after you finish with HTML.
Work on examples , and try to utilise CSS in your own designs.

Learn XML after you get on with HTML and CSS.
Practice it thoroughly.

Now here comes the real part.
In order to create Dynamic pages , which can change content on its own when directed , requires use of scripting language.
Examples are PHP,ASP,JSP,etc.

PHP is the most easy scripting language currently in use , and is widespread.
In order to learn PHP , you need to learn basic concepts of Object oriented programming.
WOrk a lot on PHP examples and try to create your own scripts in pHP.

It will take lots of time to master PHP language. Once you are done with it , you can go for database and can create heavy websites.
PHP is best with MySql Database for beigineers.

Follow it in the order I have suggested. It will be easy to learn this way. Also make sure you don't skip anything important and work a lot on examples and create and practice on websites of your own. It helps a lot.

Web Site Development is easy , but creating a perfect website is damn hard. It requires high-level of efficiency , and it will come with lots of experience.

All the best.

Jitendra Singh

Broken In
First try to learn the simple rules and coding aspects of HTML and CSS and then you can go further into it and get more details about Dreamweaver and Notepad Editor.
W3Schools Online Web Tutorials, try this site, i am sure you will learn a lot from this.

Top Bottom