15K Dual Sim phone for Dad

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Hi I want to buy a Dual Sim phone for my dad for about Rs 15000 (+/- 4000 if need be). The features he requires in order of priority are:

1. STABILITY & VOICE QUALITY Want a very stable OS with minimal bugs and crashes and high voice & sound clarity/quality & extremely low chance of call drops. His work involves being on the phone alot so this is high priority.

2. Battery Life Should last atleast a full day with WiFi and/or 3G usage and atleast 3 hours of screen on time.

3. One handed use No phablets etc. Should be able to operate most things/apps with one handed use. Reasonably compact.

4. Easy to use UI Would be nice if it looks good by default too.

5. Storage 16 GB minimum. External SD card preferable if not atleast USB On-the-go functionality. He already has a USB on-the-go that can connect both to phone & laptop.

6. Compatibility with Nokia bluetooth headset Preferable buy not deal breaker.

7. Screen & Camera Since he is an iPhone user, he would like a screen & camera atleast as good as iPhone 4.

What is not a priority:
Games, rooting, niche app compatibility, non-default launcher.

1. Budget?
Rs 15000. (+/- 4000 if need be)

2. Display type and size?
Better than iPhone 4 if possible, less than 5 inches.

3. Dual sim?
Yes.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Prefer a known brand like Motorola or ASUS, no micromax type crap. A Nokia is fine too.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Both. Preferably better or equivalent camera to iPhone 4.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android. Windows phone only if it is much better. Though offline maps, voice guidance is a highly desirable feature.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
3G, bluetooth.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Calling>internet>camera>multimedia>>gaming

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Was thinking Moto G or Zenphone 5. Open to suggestions

10. Any other info that you want to share
A comparison against iPhone 4 would be helpful.
EDIT: The Moto G's water protection also scores a big plus.

Thanks!

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
stick to Moto G 16GB. Zenfone series has lower battery capacity compared to Moto G. Atom (or the chipset being used) is still power hungry compared to Qualcomm/ARM.

ankush28

Bazinga
+1 for Moto G ...after looking at your requirements its better to stick with Moto G.
You can also import Moto G LTE as it fits in your budget.

rdx_halo

In the zone
+1 for Moto G ...after looking at your requirements its better to stick with Moto G.

Moto G camera quality is ordinary, not bad neither like iphone 4. I would suggest Sony Xperia ZR for its camera. Otherwise Moto G is good. Nokia Lumia 625 has better camera than Moto G but its screen resolution is not HD and coming from iphone your father will not like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Where can we import Moto G LTE in India ? link pls?

Ronnie012

Earthling
Get an Asus Zenfone 5. I personally own an Asus and it's battery is quite good contrary to what many say (drained at beginning, but gets better with repeated charfing cycles of 3-4 days at the beginning and updates and even better with Kitkat update ). Another positive is it's excellent camera and service center network (basically all present asus laptop stores and authorised service centers should handle the servicing ). Also, since your dad won't game a lot, Asus's battery will easily last a day even without the updates.

Motorola you can buy and is a superb phone, but camera is average and lacks service center support (that's why I didn't buy motorola, but if you are from a metro city then service centers wont't be an issue and you can buy :))

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hi I want to buy a Dual Sim phone for my dad for about Rs 15000 (+/- 4000 if need be). The features he requires in order of priority are:

1. STABILITY & VOICE QUALITY Want a very stable OS with minimal bugs and crashes and high voice & sound clarity/quality & extremely low chance of call drops. His work involves being on the phone alot so this is high priority.

2. Battery Life Should last atleast a full day with WiFi and/or 3G usage and atleast 3 hours of screen on time.

3. One handed use No phablets etc. Should be able to operate most things/apps with one handed use. Reasonably compact.

4. Easy to use UI Would be nice if it looks good by default too.

5. Storage 16 GB minimum. External SD card preferable if not atleast USB On-the-go functionality. He already has a USB on-the-go that can connect both to phone & laptop.

6. Compatibility with Nokia bluetooth headset Preferable buy not deal breaker.

7. Screen & Camera Since he is an iPhone user, he would like a screen & camera atleast as good as iPhone 4.

What is not a priority:
Games, rooting, niche app compatibility, non-default launcher.

1. Budget?
Rs 15000. (+/- 4000 if need be)

2. Display type and size?
Better than iPhone 4 if possible, less than 5 inches.

3. Dual sim?
Yes.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Prefer a known brand like Motorola or ASUS, no micromax type crap. A Nokia is fine too.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Both. Preferably better or equivalent camera to iPhone 4.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android. Windows phone only if it is much better. Though offline maps, voice guidance is a highly desirable feature.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
3G, bluetooth.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Calling>internet>camera>multimedia>>gaming

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Was thinking Moto G or Zenphone 5. Open to suggestions

10. Any other info that you want to share
A comparison against iPhone 4 would be helpful.
EDIT: The Moto G's water protection also scores a big plus.

Thanks!

lumia 720 locally if you can get it or moto g
720 has a better camera,battery life,well optimised OS etc or wait for lumia 730 itll have dual sim,quad core,1gb ram,amoled display and 6.7 pureview sensor camera and will release soon(a month or so hopefully acc to rumours)
windows phones have the best battery life hands down,especially the 720 lasts me 1.5-2 days easily while my moto e ,nexus 5 and BB z10 give a day with normal use
just keep in mind theres no OTG support on windows phone(yet,will come with next update hopefully,hardware fully supported though) and stock android also has issues with OTG

Top Bottom