14" Laptop with Graphics in 45k

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

40-45k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Casual Video Editing/Rendering/ Minimal gaming. internet office works

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

14" with i3/i5 with 1/2gb graphics with win8 preloaded(if possible)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, HP
b. Dislike: Acer, Toshiba

6) Anything else you would like to say?

I am looking for a laptop within 40+5k. Usage will be Casual Video Editing/Rendering, Gaming + Internet surfing usual works.I dont like 15inch laptops so please recommend 14inch or lower. Weight is not issue but still, the lighter the better. I like Dell and HP.

Graphics card be a must for me. Win8 preloaded will be an advantage too. While surfing in the online sites, I found two dell models within my budget which confused me. i5 with 1gb graphics or i3 with 2gb graphics???

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Graphics card be a must for me. Win8 preloaded will be an advantage too. While surfing in the online sites, I found two dell models within my budget which confused me. i5 with 1gb graphics or i3 with 2gb graphics???

give links

HauntedGuy

Broken In
Re: 14" Laptop with Graphics in 45k

How about the Dell Inspiron 14R 5421 ?

The graphics memory is not as important as the graphics processor. Which cards are these? A lot of times, a 1gb card can outperform a 2gb card. Mostly, 1gb suffices for any games as of today, so if you're getting a better 1gb card, then you should pick that over a lower clocked 2gb card.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.

HP Pavilion 15-E015TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Rs. 44490.0 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion 15-E015TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Imprint Sparkling Black With Micro Dot Pattern Online - HP: Flipkart.com

It is excellent and fulfill my needs except it is 15.6 which is a bit big and bulky for me. :(

give links

Here is link for the two. one with i3+2gb graphics another is i5+1gn graphics
*www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-14-...graph/p/itmdmfzncfaaja7z?pid=COMDMFZH3P4PGMYM
*www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-14r...graph/p/itmdmfnsnpx3gbsy?pid=COMDMFNEAGDG5BVE

How about the Dell Inspiron 14R 5421 ?

The graphics memory is not as important as the graphics processor. Which cards are these? A lot of times, a 1gb card can outperform a 2gb card. Mostly, 1gb suffices for any games as of today, so if you're getting a better 1gb card, then you should pick that over a lower clocked 2gb card.

This is why I like this forum. I was unaware of the graphics memory vs processor thing at all. Excellent it will help me making a choice now. If 1gb is suffcient then should I go with i5 processor then....

Last edited:

HauntedGuy

Broken In

It is excellent and fulfill my needs except it is 15.6 which is a bit big and bulky for me. :(

*www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-14-...graph/p/itmdmfzncfaaja7z?pid=COMDMFZH3P4PGMYM
*www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-14r...graph/p/itmdmfnsnpx3gbsy?pid=COMDMFNEAGDG5BVE

This is why I like this forum. I was unaware of the graphics memory vs processor thing at all. Excellent it will help me making a choice now. If 1gb is suffcient then should I go with i5 processor then....

In this case however, the 2Gb GT 730 is definitely better than the 1 gb GT 625...Both are not gaming cards, let me warn you, so don't expect playing any demanding games on more than medium...

Do you really want any gaming though? After re-reading your opening post, I realise that if you're gonna do video editing or rendering, then both these CPUs are rather weak...For these purposes I'd stick with the i5, but if you're not that much into gaming then you could go for a better CPU and leave out the graphic card to fit your budget. These cards aren't gonna help much with rendering anyway...With both those dell laptops, I fear you're going for a weak CPU + weak GPU combo, which isn't very wise unless you just want a multimedia PC for movies and entertainment....

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.

In this case however, the 2Gb GT 730 is definitely better than the 1 gb GT 625...Both are not gaming cards, let me warn you, so don't expect playing any demanding games on more than medium...

Do you really want any gaming though? After re-reading your opening post, I realise that if you're gonna do video editing or rendering, then both these CPUs are rather weak...For these purposes I'd stick with the i5, but if you're not that much into gaming then you could go for a better CPU and leave out the graphic card to fit your budget. These cards aren't gonna help much with rendering anyway...With both those dell laptops, I fear you're going for a weak CPU + weak GPU combo, which isn't very wise unless you just want a multimedia PC for movies and entertainment....

May be I was little greedy...thats why wrote the gaming...once in a while i want to play some games but i am not a gamer. Can you suggest a laptop in my budget by including or leaving aside the graphics thing. Because Video Editing is a thing which I do frequently though not of professional standard. If graphics card doesnt help with the rendering then it is better to invest in better processor i guess.

HauntedGuy

Broken In
Hmm...
I haven't really ever looked into this category before, but as I am looking around, but it seems to that there's not many 14" laptops with powerful CPUs in that budget...
Only the lenovo G500 seems to be a very good buy from what I could find immediately. It's a third gen CPU but its an M series with a base clock 2.6Ghz, almost all other laptops seem to have those low power U series CPUs...Plus, lenovo also managed to put in a GT 720M!
This seems to be the perfect system for you...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

that i5 is a ULV(Ultra low volatge) processor. it may give good battery back up but performance will be rather lower. since you are doing video conversions, never opt for these ULV cpus. you better get this Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Rs. 46990.0 Price in India - Buy Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Brown Metal Online - Asus: Flipkart.com .
3rd gen core i7 (quad core )will be faster than dual core i5s and i3s.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.

Hmm...
I haven't really ever looked into this category before, but as I am looking around, but it seems to that there's not many 14" laptops with powerful CPUs in that budget...
Only the lenovo G500 seems to be a very good buy from what I could find immediately. It's a third gen CPU but its an M series with a base clock 2.6Ghz, almost all other laptops seem to have those low power U series CPUs...Plus, lenovo also managed to put in a GT 720M!
This seems to be the perfect system for you...

Thanks...great find..I think it is the only one that may fulfill all the need...I never used Lenovo. Are they trustworthy ?

Go for Lenovo Z500... 1GB GPU variant will cost 45k locally

I searched but saw it is available in 15.6 inch.....
that i5 is a ULV(Ultra low volatge) processor. it may give good battery back up but performance will be rather lower. since you are doing video conversions, never opt for these ULV cpus. you better get this Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Rs. 46990.0 Price in India - Buy Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Brown Metal Online - Asus: Flipkart.com .
3rd gen core i7 (quad core )will be faster than dual core i5s and i3s.

Thanks..wow, it is a great config for the price. But as I am seeing portability as an issue, I wanted something that is small as 14 inch. And if I would go with 15.6 then i should get desktop.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Get this

Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Rs. 47990.0 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Dark Chocolate Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

If you dont like lenovo, get the 14R and if you want "everything"

*hpshopping.in/hponlinestore/Produc...ProductName=HP_Pavilion_15-e001ax_Notebook_PC

This HP laptop has a capable proccy and GPU complete with 8GB RAM and 1 TB HD

Cheers!
Abhijit

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Thanks..wow, it is a great config for the price. But as I am seeing portability as an issue, I wanted something that is small as 14 inch. And if I would go with 15.6 then i should get desktop.

for just 1.6" , you are possibly avoiding 2 cores which will come handy when you do video conversions. 15.6" laptops are not that bulky.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.

Dell Inspiron 14z @ 48k

It's quite a looker. The thing is it is only i3 though I am quite attracted to it.

Get this

Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Rs. 47990.0 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Dark Chocolate Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

If you dont like lenovo, get the 14R and if you want "everything"

*hpshopping.in/hponlinestore/Produc...ProductName=HP_Pavilion_15-e001ax_Notebook_PC

This HP laptop has a capable proccy and GPU complete with 8GB RAM and 1 TB HD

Cheers!
Abhijit

for just 1.6" , you are possibly avoiding 2 cores which will come handy when you do video conversions. 15.6" laptops are not that bulky.

Thanks... yes, it is only matter of 1.6"....I think i should go with the lenovo g400s for it is being 14" or the Asus 15.6 corei7.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

It's quite a looker. The thing is it is only i3 though I am quite attracted to it.

Thanks... yes, it is only matter of 1.6"....I think i should go with the lenovo g400s for it is being 14" or the Asus 15.6 corei7.

i suggest to stick with asus for its 4 cores and 8 threads

Top Bottom