13-year-old boy kills brother over video game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
oh man! if this news reaches my mom, i'll have to listen to her lecture for atleast 1 hour everyday for the next one week how action games desensitise us and they are making the younger gen violent...blah blah

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Very unfortunate.
It does mean the games are getting very violent and risky.
Recently saw some games that felt they should be restricted to movies like saw 3. How is our younger generation growing?
I think if this continues violent games should be totally taken off the shelves for kids.
I mean cheeez when that guy grows up to be 30 yr man what will he think ",I lost my brother for a video game ..and i killed him with my own hands? My parents and elders didint educate and guide me enough ?
Incidences like this are only increasing more and more until it reaches out neighbourhood.
Would you want you small kid sibling or relative attending school with such mentally deranged children ?

These type of news spread fast in offices wher my mom works and she comes and starts boiling and stops me from playing any games.

Last day she heard news that 23 yr old killed his baby girl for acidently pulling his Xbox 360 console plug while playing Gears of War. My bro is not as big as me though he was just one and half yr late, so she came and started lecturing and shouting and all that stuff.

mustang

Broken In
This is a very typical case,this shows the ridiculous mentality of the boy,who killed her brother,for a very simple reason,it also shows that how a technology overcomes on peoples mind.

lalam

In the zone
OMG! Speechless......He's just a kid so its hard to even come to term with it and give him names......I wonder what will the parents be going through though hmmmm.......

cynosure

UbuntuUser
I am not a political guy, but these cases happen. Video games might have an impact on the boy but that does not mean that video games will turn all of us into blood thirsty serial killers. Who knows that he watched a super-gory movie the previous night and he wanted to test all the stunts on his bro?

I mean there was this guy aged 6-7 (in India) who just killed 4-5 girls by hitting brick on their head. Was he playing doom3, GTA, manhunt. No he was a laborer's boy, who could not afford a PS3, Pc or anything like that.

Sometimes I think why US/UK authorities allow movies like the hostel (1,2 and more if there are) and "Last house on the left" to be screened in the theatre and ban simple things like the coffee mods and Manhunt 2.
This is pure example that the people in these countries (who frame the rules) are nothing but a group of morons.

There are news even in our newspaper which kinda show all the "negative" effects of playing video games. Give me a break. I know that these are not real bones and flesh, why should not I kill them. According to me, killing a moron in GTA is better than fracturing people's head in my colony :)). And given the fact that I know that the moron in GTA is nothing but a bunch of polygons, I would never dare to take the latter option.

But why should I be hot? Piracy zindabaad anyday. They ban it, but they should know ki
"Jab tak bittorent rahega, har desh mein manhunt 2 chalega" :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom