10k phone for mom

akhilc47

Journeyman
It's for my mother.

1. Budget?
up to 10k

2. Display type and size?
I don't know the screen sizes available in this budget. But she wouldn't want too big screen sizes as it would
be difficult to carry around and hold. Roughly around 4" I'd say.

3. Dual sim?
Not required.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Nokia, Sony, Motorola etc. (No Samsung.). I don't want to give her a cheap local/chinese brand.
(I have no problem with Karbonn or Micromax, but don't want to give it as a gift.)

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Flash, Front cam are preferred. Especially flash. She do take photos quite a lot.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android/Windows is ok. She is only going to use basic features such as calling, texting, camera.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
Don't even need internet. But 3G will be there anyway, I guess. :lol:

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Basic functions. Camera. Gaming (for younger brother).

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
I've a rough idea about phones in this range 630, 525, moto E (are they gonna release 2nd gen for this),
redmi 1s (how's this one? ASS?).

10. Any other info that you want to share
She is just a basic user. So call quality, camera, maintenace (fewer restarts/hangs/heat/lag the better),
build quality are the main concerns. Even if it can't run asphalt 8 or whatever that's fine. Now you might
be thinking why don't I buy her nokia 100+cybershot cam or something. But as I said it's a gift, so it has
to be a decent phone.

Reloaded

In the zone
Asus Zenfone 5 will be the best choice. If you want to go for lesser price then buy Spice Android One Dream UNO, performance and quality of this device excellent, its endorsed and recommended by google themselves.

Word of caution stay away from Xiaomi products no matter how tempting it may look. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sony Xperia E3 (singlesim) is available for as low as 10.8k. worth a look. if strictly under 10k, Asus Zenfone 5 has everything you need though screen size is on the bigger side.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sony Xperia E3 (singlesim) is available for as low as 10.8k. worth a look. if strictly under 10k, Asus Zenfone 5 has everything you need though screen size is on the bigger side.
i never though you would recommend that one. :|
480p screen resolution, 4 GB internal, no gorilla glass, 2 point multitouch :facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

5 mp primary cam, VGA secondary cam :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i never though you would recommend that one. :|
480p screen resolution, 4 GB internal, no gorilla glass, 2 point multitouch :facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

5 mp primary cam, VGA secondary cam :|

small screen and close to 10k pricetag. sure there are better options but either the price jumps a good amount past the max budget or the battery life is disappointing. and as it is for his mom, 480p screen & 4GB memory shouldn't be a deal breaker. maybe games will fillup the space if apps can't be moved to sdcard.

Top Bottom