1080p or 900p

$hadow

Geek in making
Hi all
I was wondering that how much does a laptop with a screen of 900p look different in comparison to that of a 1080p screen when you are on just a 15.6' inch screen yes I know full hd is better but by how much is it better to have one when you compare it with 900p screen. Will you be able to see pixels lacking or something like that.
Need your words guys.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
for a laptop 15.6 inch, 900p to 1080 wont cause a HUGE difference. besides if you are gaming, its better to take the 900p because most laptop GPUs wont be able to handle 1080p

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
for a laptop 15.6 inch, 900p to 1080 wont cause a HUGE difference. besides if you are gaming, its better to take the 900p because most laptop GPUs wont be able to handle 1080p

But now the question arises that is 900p display future proof at least for about 3 to 4 years. And that to for someone who loves to watch movies at 1080p.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
if you like to watch movies, then 1080p is much better..
For gaming, 900p vs 1080p wont create a huge difference as long as the gpu is mediocre
ultra high end laptops have capable GPUs for 1080p, so its much better
Which laptop in particular are you going for ?

Gtb93

In the zone
For gaming, like mentioned above it relies on the combo of screen reso and the GPU your system has.
For movies, anyday 1080p is better.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
if you like to watch movies, then 1080p is much better..
For gaming, 900p vs 1080p wont create a huge difference as long as the gpu is mediocre
ultra high end laptops have capable GPUs for 1080p, so its much better
Which laptop in particular are you going for ?

Juggling between sammy so5in and lenovo y500

For gaming, like mentioned above it relies on the combo of screen reso and the GPU your system has.
For movies, anyday 1080p is better.

Ya man that is why I want to be double sure before my purchase.
Own a s3 but when my room mate got htc butterfly the display of my s3 looked flushed out in front of 1080p display.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Juggling between sammy so5in and lenovo y500

Ya man that is why I want to be double sure before my purchase.
Own a s3 but when my room mate got htc butterfly the display of my s3 looked flushed out in front of 1080p display.

You cant always compete with the market unless you are too rich not to care on a monthly upgrades.

Mobiles are growing faster than the pc's so no comparison of a pc with the mobile. I would suggest you to better buy any electronics which is the best on a current day (day of purchase) and dont think of the future as anything can change in hours (for eg:: Lenovo might hike/strike the prices of the model that u bought the very other day :p)

As per your query as already people suggested , its 1080p for a movie and native (or commonly found) 900p for games

But now the question arises that is 900p display future proof at least for about 3 to 4 years. And that to for someone who loves to watch movies at 1080p.

Better get a 1080p display & lower the resolution(to 900p) for playing games.......in that way you can enjoy gaming with good FPS & watch 1080p videos...

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Better get a 1080p display & lower the resolution(to 900p) for playing games.......in that way you can enjoy gaming with good FPS & watch 1080p videos...

Well yeah that is a good idea I should look forward for full hd screen.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
one thing you should consider other than the resolutions is the quality of the screens. most HD and HD+ screens are cheap quality TN panels. Get a 1080p if you can, they tend to be of higher quality compared to the lower res ones. i'm not generalizing though.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
one thing you should consider other than the resolutions is the quality of the screens. most HD and HD+ screens are cheap quality TN panels. Get a 1080p if you can, they tend to be of higher quality compared to the lower res ones. i'm not generalizing though.

Could you please elaborate on this topic I do not really know about this display quality thing.

sankar

Broken In
^
Check out these review about S05 and y500 you will get the idea
Review Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
AND
Samsung 550P5C-S02DE - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
^
Check out these review about S05 and y500 you will get the idea
Review Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
AND
Samsung 550P5C-S02DE - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews

Man the link you posted does not answer me because the sammy one you mentioned has a 1366*768 screen which is not a 900p screen.

sunny agrawal

Broken In
what actually happens is like when u buy a dell lappy and lenovo lappy with same resolution u will see the quality difference.
better focus on quality
I think samsung is better than lenovo in terms of quality as enjoying movie is your big deal

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
what actually happens is like when u buy a dell lappy and lenovo lappy with same resolution u will see the quality difference.
better focus on quality
I think samsung is better than lenovo in terms of quality as enjoying movie is your big deal

Movies is just not the main purpose for buying lappy. Actually I am buying 2 lappy viz one for me and other for my cousin. He loves watching movies and me gaming. So he wants to know about this pixel thing so I also added my question in his.

Top Bottom