1080p LED Monitor for 15k

AryaInk

Broken In
Aah didn't know that.
As far as I understand AMVA monitors are supposed to be in between the Ultrasharp series and lower end dell models. They do have some higher end feature and are still lower in cost.
For your requirements it makes more sense as it will save you some money. But I doubt it beats an ips panel in image reproduction. Why not take a demo for both and decide yourself, you can't go wrong with either of them.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
If can take the demo, why should I ask here in the forum? The seller don't allow to open and take demo until you purchase.
Dell is good but quite U2412M is backward. It has not even HDMI port. :?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please someone give me practical review of Dell S2440L.

gameranand

Living to Play
LOL why are worried about HDMI. It doesn't matter if the monitor is connected using, DVI or HDMI or Display port for that matter, All will give you the same image quality and there would be no difference. Get the monitor which has better quality not the additional features. :)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ That's true, but, having an HDMI port has it's own advantage. Most of the devices, now a days, come with HDMI and mini HDMI ports and that lets you connect the display easily to the device.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
LOL why are worried about HDMI. It doesn't matter if the monitor is connected using, DVI or HDMI or Display port for that matter, All will give you the same image quality and there would be no difference. Get the monitor which has better quality not the additional features.

LOL, you don't know HDMI has lots of advantages. Like it supports to connect HD DTH and tablet/smartphone. Quality wise as per the TFT Central review Dell S2440L beats U2412M and U2312HM.

Cilus

laborare est orare
LOL, you don't know HDMI has lots of advantages. Like it supports to connect HD DTH and tablet/smartphone. Quality wise as per the TFT Central review Dell S2440L beats U2412M and U2312HM.

Don't laugh that much, it won't help. All the advantages you are talking about is only valid if and only if the Monitor does have integrated Audio or speaker. The only differece between HDMI and DVI is that the 1st one can carry both audio and Video signal where DVI can only carry Video signal. The quality of image is exactly same for both.

And regarding HD DTH and Tablet/Smart Phone mini-HDMI output, a 100 bucks HDMI to DVI converter socket will just do fine.

Any specific reason? Are saying after reading new Dell S2440L review?
yes it has cause visually the dell ultra sharp is good in contrast than the s2440l and the response time is also good than the 2440l in terms of visual observation not from the given specs !!!!and also its not available in india so if u import it it will cost u like a hell ......like if the product is of INR 14000 the u will have to give around INR 14000 for shipping too so u will have to give INR 28000 for alll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
yes it has cause visually the dell ultra sharp is good in contrast than the s2440l and the response time is also good than the 2440l in terms of visual observation not from the given specs !!!!and also its not available in india so if u import it it will cost u like a hell ......like if the product is of INR 14000 the u will have to give around INR 14000 for shipping too so u will have to give INR 28000 for alll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure I am talking about S2440L. In the review the avg actual contrast of this model is 3159:1 i.e. about more than 4 times than of ultrasharp U2312HM (848:1). In specs they are 5000:1 and 1000:1 respectively. Even the blacks and colour accuracy is far better than it. The actual response time of S2440L is 5ms that comes in class 1, not bad at all.
Dell S2440L Review
Dell U2312HM Review
The model is easily available in shops and ebay for 14k.

AryaInk

Broken In
If can take the demo, why should I ask here in the forum?
Ha ha ha, you sure ?

Don't laugh that much, it won't help. All the advantages you are talking about is only valid if and only if the Monitor does have integrated Audio or speaker. The only differece between HDMI and DVI is that the 1st one can carry both audio and Video signal where DVI can only carry Video signal. The quality of image is exactly same for both.

And regarding HD DTH and Tablet/Smart Phone mini-HDMI output, a 100 bucks HDMI to DVI converter socket will just do fine.
I will second that.

gameranand

Living to Play

Search before you make comments like this. I don't post unless I know. As Cilus said already there are practically no advantages, also even if you have inbuilt speakers then also you can opt for a second audio cable for audio and I am saying again, get the monitor which has better image quality. Rest is your choice as its your money after all.

AryaInk

Broken In
about more than 4 times than of ultrasharp U2312HM (848:1). In specs they are 5000:1 and 1000:1 respectively. Even the blacks and colour accuracy is far better than it.
4 Times more contrast then U2312HM... Hmmm.... What will happen to my eyes :? What exactly it means ? I have not gone through those reviews.
I am not sure about the AMVA technology, but in a layman's understanding the contrast is increased by increasing the intensity of the backlight and that's how they make colors richer.
afa black accuracy goes, U2312HM is doing excellent for me.
There gotta be some reason why if the AMVA is better then IPS its selling for less and designers(including me) prefer an IPS panel.
And if it infact is better then u series(ips) then we already have the winner ;)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos

I am not laughing much, i was replying to gameranand becaused he LOL'd first.
Dell S2440L has both HDMI and 3.5mm audio jack and I can rely on a 100 buck adapter. I don't believe the quality will match as of HDMI gold plated cable.

Search before you make comments like this. I don't post unless I know. As Cilus said already there are practically no advantages, also even if you have inbuilt speakers then also you can opt for a second audio cable for audio and I am saying again, get the monitor which has better image quality. Rest is your choice as its your money after all.

I have searched and know what I comment, okay! U2412M/U2312HM doesn't have HDMI or audio jack. I don't believe in the quality of some 100 bucks chinese converter. Also IPS is less performer in contrast, black levels and default colours accuracy. (as per TFT Review)
I am here to know the monitor which has better image quality this is why i made this thread. It seems like no one has reviewed or seen S2440L that's why everyone is suggesting backward models of ultrasharp series.

Ha ha ha, you sure ?

Listen man! I am asking to know from someone the practical review of the model S2440L and it's comparison with U2312HM.

4 Times more contrast then U2312HM... Hmmm.... What will happen to my eyes :? What exactly it means ? I have not gone through those reviews.
I am not sure about the AMVA technology, but in a layman's understanding the contrast is increased by increasing the intensity of the backlight and that's how they make colors richer.
afa black accuracy goes, U2312HM is doing excellent for me.
There gotta be some reason why if the AMVA is better then IPS its selling for less and designers(including me) prefer an IPS panel.
And if it infact is better then u series(ips) then we already have the winner ;)

Yea! after reading the reviews and benchmark scores. AMVA (S2440L) panel beats IPS (U2312HM) except in response time and luminescence. But I have to make sure how is it practically before the purchase online. The prices of IPS models may be less because it is used by professionals much.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Dell S2440L has both HDMI and 3.5mm audio jack and I can rely on a 100 buck adapter. I don't believe the quality will match as of HDMI gold plated cable.

Again talking nonsense. If you don't like 100 bucks adapter, there are plenty of good DVI-HDMI cables are available around 350 to 450 bucks with gold plated HDMI connector. One side is HDMI and other side is DVI, I used to use of of those with my BenQ G2220HD display. Get the one which provides you better quality, HDMI or DVI does not matter if you don't want to use your Monitor for bit streaming Audio through HDMI

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Again talking nonsense. If you don't like 100 bucks adapter, there are plenty of good DVI-HDMI cables are available around 350 to 450 bucks with gold plated HDMI connector. One side is HDMI and other side is DVI, I used to use of of those with my BenQ G2220HD display. Get the one which provides you better quality, HDMI or DVI does not matter if you don't want to use your Monitor for bit streaming Audio through HDMI

I am not talking nonsense. Why so furious bro? :)
I don't know about these good quality expensive converters. But still these IPS monitors have no audio jack or in-built speakers so that I can connect them with speaker system when I use HDMI cable and connct through HDMI to DVI adapter. How will I get the audio when when i use HDMI? Thanks for the help. But what do you say about the image quality of U2412M/U2312HM (IPS) versus new Dell S24440L (AMVA)? Do you have idea?

gameranand

Living to Play
I am not talking nonsense. Why so furious bro? :)
I don't know about these good quality expensive converters. But still these IPS monitors have no audio jack or in-built speakers so that I can connect them with speaker system when I use HDMI cable and connct through HDMI to DVI adapter. How will I get the audio when when i use HDMI? Thanks for the help. But what do you say about the image quality of U2412M/U2312HM (IPS) versus new Dell S24440L (AMVA)? Do you have idea?

What do exactly want to do with this Monitor ?? If you'll connect it with PC then there is no point in moaning that it doesn't have inbuilt speakers and headphone port as you can connect then with CPU. If you'll use it with DTH then again you can connect it using DVI or adapters and for speakers you can go for a 2K speakers which would be much much better than the inbuilt speakers.
As for display quality I haven't used any of those monitors, however Sarath have used them and said that they are very good monitors as compared to other similar priced monitors.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
What do exactly want to do with this Monitor ?? If you'll connect it with PC then there is no point in moaning that it doesn't have inbuilt speakers and headphone port as you can connect then with CPU. If you'll use it with DTH then again you can connect it using DVI or adapters and for speakers you can go for a 2K speakers which would be much much better than the inbuilt speakers.
As for display quality I haven't used any of those monitors, however Sarath have used them and said that they are very good monitors as compared to other similar priced monitors.

First of all mind you language, okay! You are not really helping here and if you didn't see the display quality.. quietly back off! and play some violent video game to express your anger.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
First of all mind you language, okay! You are not really helping here and if you didn't see the display quality.. quietly back off! and play some violent video game to express your anger.

Yes guys, please keep up the forum's decency.

The point here to keep in mind is that once you connect your monitor/display using an HDMI, the audio will automatically be routed via the HDMI, and you won't be able to use the PC/Laptop Audio jack. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I've experienced this in my AOC 2243FW2K monitor. Whnever I connect it to my laptop using the HDMI cable, the Audio port of my laptop becomes useless and since my monitor has a 3.5mm audio out jack, I am required to connect my speakers to that port for audio. Most of today's HDMI enabled displays do come with an analog audio jack, which lets you connect your speaker/home theatre to it. So, IMO, there's no point buying an HDMI enabled display without an Analog 3.5mm Audio Jack for Audio Out.

gameranand

Living to Play
First of all mind you language, okay! and if you didn't see the display quality.. quietly back off!

I think I was very polite in that post. I think you should first learn how to talk to others rather than talking nonsense. I am outta this thread anyway, don't have to argue with someone like you. You ain't worth my time.

Top Bottom