1 ton AC

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I have a few questions

1. What is 5 star, 3 star AC ? What's the difference ?

2. What is invertor AC ? How does it help ?

Which is the most budget brand ( good as well ) for domestic use ( 1 ton ) ?

Thanks.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I have a few questions

Thanks.

1)5 star ACs are more energy efficient than 3 star ACs.so a 5 star AC will consume less electricity.
2)Non Inverter ACs have two modes of operation on and off suppose you set 26C on AC after lowering your room temperature to 26C it switches off AC automatically and switches AC on again.Switching on and off consumes much more power. To overcome this limitation Inverter ACs are born they can vary tonnage according to requirement suppose you set 26C on inverter AC after bringing room temperature it doesn't switch off but reduces tonnage thus saving energy.

A inverter AC is much more efficient than 5 star non inverter AC.

Online Shopping India Mobile, Cameras, Lifestyle & more Online @ Flipkart.co

Minion

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION] How is LG ? I was planning on Bluestar or Voltas.

I will rate ACs like
1)Hitachi,Daikin,O-Genera,Mitsubishi electric
2)Panasonic and voltas

But whats wrong with daikin model I have mentioned it is energy efficient,very good cooling capacity.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I have a few questions

Thanks.

1. Star ratings mean energy efficiency of a product. More ratings mean more energy savings. The Indian government will introduce new standards that will define these ratings so say a 5 star rating product that you buy now may have 2 star rating according to the new standards.
2. Already explained in the above posts.

You did not mention whether you want a split or a window ac?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Someone I know wanted to buy LG in particular. That's why I checked.

You should get Buy Blue Star 5CNHW12QATX 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC R32 Online at Lowest Price in Noida Delhi NCR India | Aldahom it is both cheaper and energy efficient.

Find it locally.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
try to avoid 1 ton AC as it will pretty frequently go ON & OFF and thus incurred more electricity bill. At least have a 1.5 ton so that the set temp remains for a long time before it begins next restart.

Also consider the room size, if roof of the room is directly exposed to sunlight throughout the day, how many windows etc. In simple word LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP.

Room Size (Sq ft)AC Tonnage
< 90 sq ft 0.8 ton
90 -125
1 ton
125-2001.5 ton
>200 (Sq ft)2 ton

INVERTER AC ; High initial cost, Low on ebill. An inverter model will use roughly 40% less power than a 5-Star non-inverter model.

NON INVERTER :Low on initial cost, moderate to high e bill.

Understand these jargons:

Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
The greater the number of stars on the label, higher the appliance Energy Efficiency : EE and lower its electricity consumption.

EER : Energy Efficiency Ratio= (Watt/Watt)=(Cooling Capacity in WATTS/POWER CONSUMPTION in WATTS)
higher the EER number better is its efficiency lower is the e bill and more costly it’s going to be.

Cooling Capacity (in Watts)Power Consumption (in Watts) EER Ratio (in Watts)

REFRIGERANT should be 410A or R32.

CFM

CUBIC FOOT PER METER: The power of pushing the air. Upto what distance the AC is capable of pushing the air. Should be from the wall of installation to its opposite wall. If it is only halfway then your room is likely to take more time to get cooled and you have to add and extra fan to circulate the air.

Initial Amperage: The amount of current required for the first time operation.

RUNNING Ampearge : The amount of current required while it is under operation

PIPE : should at all cost be COPPER

please rectify if i have written anything wrong

Last edited:

kunnusingh

Journeyman
If your requirement is 1Ton then purchase 1.5Ton AC, It will save electricity.

Anyway, You did not mention that you need a Window AC or Split AC.

Bluestar is Indian company and their AC is really good and better than LG, etc.

Top Bottom