1 TB Internal Hard drive Required.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys, My Seagate 500gb hdd is about to fail. Keep getting errors consistently and frankly tired of this. So i need a 1tb hard drive as replacement. Will be used basically for storage. Won't be needing a performance based one since it will mostly involve storing pics and movies. Could you guys please recommend a good internal hard drive. I am not entirely happy with my past sea gate hard drives. Esp the 500 gb one which was already a replacement over the earlier one. The hard drive is out of warranty now, so no option there. How are the current Sea gate ones? Prefer WD but i have heard bad things about their green hard drives. My friend had a 1tb blue hard drive but that failed too. My budget is about 6-7K. How are the WD red drives. Worth Buying?

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT:- upgrading from 1tb to 2tb.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
WD green warranty is too low for my liking. Besides a close friend of mine saw 2 wd green failures. Makes me nervous to buy on of these..How are the WD Red ones?Or any other?

- - - Updated - - -

guys pls help...bit urgent

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=20327]Ronnie11[/MENTION],

Thanks for your reviews about the WD Green drive. I will definitely report on this issue. For your question about the WD Red drive, the WD Red drive can be used as a normal drive in PC.

Long story short: WD Red = Energy saving, 24x7 use, Extended warranty (up to 5 years on WD Red Pro), Ideal for RAID.

Some extra information here, you can skip this if you like; the WD Red drive is designed for Enterprise use and recommended for RAID and NAS setup. It is designed to just spin constantly for continual use/availability, It also has built-in Nasware technology to prevent bad sectors and provide data security.

For more information about WD Red drive, you may refer to the link below.

Support Answers

Hope it helps.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Can you find WD Blue?

Hey, Very hard to find a wd Blue drives.Also if i recall, it goes up only till 1tb. Now i am planning to increase capacity to 2tb which doesn't seem to be available with blue. Hence was looking at the Red variant since i have heard good things about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi [MENTION=20327]Ronnie11[/MENTION],

Thanks for your reviews about the WD Green drive. I will definitely report on this issue. For your question about the WD Red drive, the WD Red drive can be used as a normal drive in PC.

Long story short: WD Red = Energy saving, 24x7 use, Extended warranty (up to 5 years on WD Red Pro), Ideal for RAID.

Some extra information here, you can skip this if you like; the WD Red drive is designed for Enterprise use and recommended for RAID and NAS setup. It is designed to just spin constantly for continual use/availability, It also has built-in Nasware technology to prevent bad sectors and provide data security.

For more information about WD Red drive, you may refer to the link below.

Support Answers

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the response. Seriously considering opting for these.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]
Hey...I absolutely agree with you, my query was more regarding the fact that will NAS storage work well in a desktop pc?Will it lead to any issues as such?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
frankly speaking i think nas is not required for simple home storage needs.simply buy 2 or more hdd & copy paste everything worth saving.

DK_WD

WD Official
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]
Hey...I absolutely agree with you, my query was more regarding the fact that will NAS storage work well in a desktop pc?Will it lead to any issues as such?

Hi Ronnie11,

The NAS storage drive is recommended to use in NAS system, but if you use as a normal drive, It will function like a normal hard drive too.

Example: The WD Red drive is designed for Enterprise use and recommended for RAID and NAS setup environment, If anyone use as a desktop drive for storage, It will function as a normal HDD.

Hope this information helps.

Top Bottom