1 day trip suggestion in Mumbai

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys,

I'll be in Mumbai International airport on a weekday. I might finish customs n stuff & be out by 9:30 AM. I'm travelling light and so don't have heavy luggage. I need to catch another domestic flight at 9 PM the same day.

Please suggest some places to visit within this time. Do consider the Mumbai traffic and the time to reach the airport in the evening.

Thanks in advance folks.

iinfi

mekalodu
depends on wat u want to do in Mumbai ...
easiest option is (if u have lot of money)
get out of the airport ... get into a taxi and tell him ur new to the city....
thats it .. u can see whole of mumbai by EOD...

other option is ....(if u have lot of money)
take a meru from the airport ...
1. goto churchgate via bandra worli sea link
2. have lunch at churchgate.
3. goto gateway of India .... take a ride on the launch (not sure whether it operates on weekdays) ...
4. return to the airport by 7pm by cab
if you want to experience a train ride (at ur own risk considering u seem to new to the place)... u can do that also. take a train at around 4pm from cst to bandra and take an auto from bandra east to the domestic airport. :D

there mite be others who mite tell u interesting things like going to booze, bars etc. since i m not into all those ... this is all i have ... :D

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
You can:

1) Visit Juhu beach
2) Visit Gateway of India and around. Have lunch nearby.
3) Take a launch to Elephanta caves, I think it operates from Gateway of India.
4) Visit Nariman Point, and the opposite part of the Marine drive, Malabar Hills. From there you can see the whole of Marine Drive starting from Chowpatty. Try to visit this during dusk, the view of Marine Drive at that time is spectacular.
5) Also try to visit around Hiranandini and Bandstand. Shahrukh's house Mannat is nearby and it is surely a great sea front. Some of the richest people in Mumbai live there and in Juhu.:D

I am not sure in which order it will be convenient as I dont have the idea of the routes. But this should take up the whole day. Hiring a tourist cab beforehand from any of the car rental agencies should serve your purpose. In that way also you can negotiate the price before hand.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
-Juhu Beach
-Iskon Temple (Near Juhu)

Alternatively
-Gateway of India or India Gate (Whatever that thing is)
-A Museum close to that place
-Lamington Road (Make sure you carry some monies with you)

Or
Reach Malad West, and hop in the Inorbit Mall, Shoppers Stop, Hyper City, Lifestyle etc., (All are interconnected)

Have lunch at some Dhaba, you can reach airport by evening

Top Bottom