[1.5L (+40K)] Build Suggestion - 4K Dual Boot Windows and Hackintosh - Photographer config - Lightroom

@whitestar_999 - Mentioned the packing bit to him :)

Also he mentioned that everything if anything goes wrong within a month, he'll replace everything immediately. He also mentioned that post the month, he'll come and collect things if needed for any warranty related issues. He'll send it to the manufacturer, follow-up and deliver the repaired/replaced product to me. He'll mention all this is the second page of the invoice so that I have it in writing.

I didn't haggle much and we settled for 1.54L as he is willing to provide decent after sales support.

He said delivery on Monday, hopefully it'll be done. Lockdown in Bangalore from Tuesday(14th), hopefully I get it on Monday. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks a ton everybody who pitched in here for your invaluable input and patience. Much gratitude!
It would be good to get your PC before lockdown for sure. Where are you buying from?

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Ok folks, system is delivered. In the process of setting everything up. Just installed the OS.

Don't want to turn this thread into troubleshooting but I have a quick question about CM MB511. I have only bottom front RGB fan running all the time. I did see the top fan turn on one of the restarts but the middle fan doesn't spin however RGB does light up. Is there something I need to understand about how these fan functions? I thought all the fans run all the time, is that correct?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ok folks, system is delivered. In the process of setting everything up. Just installed the OS.

Don't want to turn this thread into troubleshooting but I have a quick question about CM MB511. I have only bottom front RGB fan running all the time. I did see the top fan turn on one of the restarts but the middle fan doesn't spin however RGB does light up. Is there something I need to understand about how these fan functions? I thought all the fans run all the time, is that correct?
Yes all the fans must turn on during boot up even before bios screen starts showing up on the monitor.
My Corsair SPEC Delta RGB front 120mm x3 fans spin automatically the moment I press the power button on my Cabinet.
So check the connections either on the ARGB controller on the backside of the cabinet or on the motherboards headers to which the fans are connected respectively.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

See in cabinet manual for fan wiring.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
After hours of tinkering it looks like I have to jump start the fans i.e. rotate the fans manually after powering on to get them to spin, That is so weird!!

Is this an issue with how the fan is fitted? The only thing I noticied that is different from the two top fans is the way different screws are used The bottom one has 4 long screws. What are those long screws called? The screw named H below

1594679366277.png

At the end of the video you can see what I am talking about -

Last edited:
After hours of tinkering it looks like I have to jump start the fans i.e. rotate the fans manually after powering on to get them to spin, That is so weird!!

Is this an issue with how the fan is fitted? The only thing I noticied that is different from the two top fans is the way different screws are used The bottom one has 4 long screws. What are those long screws called? The screw named H below

View attachment 19280

At the end of the video you can see what I am talking about - New video by Venkatesh Giri
Ask your seller for help, send him the video. I don't think screws will screw fans, likely some connection issue. Check online on how to connect fans, try removing & reinserting wires on pins on the mobo.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
@omega44-xt - I sent him the video and he'll come over to assist. I have reinserted the pins several times.

If there is a connectivity issue the fans should start even after jump starting, right?

Last edited:
OP
V

venkig

Broken In
I always have one fan spinning and the rest two will start spinning if I jump start it. I haven't had the chance to connecting all these fans to MoBo, maybe I should try that to see what happens. The dealer mentioned that it might have to do something with fan bearings? None of these make any sense to me because if there is not enough power to spin the fan - Jump starting the fans shouldn't work and if there is bearing issue again they should stop spinning intermittently etc.. This is such a mystery.

With lockdown in Bangalore, the dealer can't come to help me replace but I'll follow up with him and get this done.

Also should I register my components at the manufacturer site for warranty or does the invoice suffice when I am doing warranty claims? How important is registering a product on manufacturer's site? I was told that I am supposed to register my components within xx days of purchase. I thought my invoice was good enough proof of when the components were bought. My invoice has serial number for all the components, I am guessing this is enough?

I always have one fan spinning and the rest two will start spinning if I jump start it. I haven't had the chance to connecting all these fans to MoBo, maybe I should try that to see what happens. The dealer mentioned that it might have to do something with fan bearings? None of these make any sense to me because if there is not enough power to spin the fan - Jump starting the fans shouldn't work and if there is bearing issue again they should stop spinning intermittently etc.. This is such a mystery.

With lockdown in Bangalore, the dealer can't come to help me replace but I'll follow up with him and get this done.

Also should I register my components at the manufacturer site for warranty or does the invoice suffice when I am doing warranty claims? How important is registering a product on manufacturer's site? I was told that I am supposed to register my components within xx days of purchase. I thought my invoice was good enough proof of when the components were bought. My invoice has serial number for all the components, I am guessing this is enough?
Do follow up, hopefully lockdown won't be extended.

Invoice is enough, but better to register it. Zotac provides an additional 3 years of warranty for free when registered online, but I don't think others have such stuff, just simple 2-3 year warranty.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Finally I took the time out and sorted the fan issue. The fans were connected via Molex directly to the PSU and clearly it was not getting enough power when you switch on and when you jump started it, it would spin just fine.

Now I connected all the individual fans to MoBo and they work without any issue. They spin everytime I boot the PC. Case closed :)

Finally I took the time out and sorted the fan issue. The fans were connected via Molex directly to the PSU and clearly it was not getting enough power when you switch on and when you jump started it, it would spin just fine.

Now I connected all the individual fans to MoBo and they work without any issue. They spin everytime I boot the PC. Case closed :)
Oh, so seller didn't connect it to mobo, strange. That's how it has been, I think.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't think it was getting enough power that was the issue, I think since these fans have load based rotation so maybe because of psu not sending any load signal they didn't start but when you jump started them it simulates a load condition thus making them start spinning.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
I don't think it was getting enough power that was the issue, I think since these fans have load based rotation so maybe because of psu not sending any load signal they didn't start but when you jump started them it simulates a load condition thus making them start spinning.

Wow! That makes tonna sense.

Yeah the dealer hadn't connected them to the MoBo, I knew this before too but was putting off doing this myself but finally took the time out to do it.

Top Bottom