►► Urgent!! Unable to install any OS on HP DV2700, i formatted recovery partiotion. :"(

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

Guys, one of my friend gave me his lappy HP DV2700 SPECIAL EDITION. I didn't know that recovery partition is useful thing, i deleted & formatted all partition, now when i clean install win 7 or win8 by bootable usb or bootable DVD i get this error: 0x80070013.

Now there is no OS in lappy, I tried UBUNTU but it also failed. How to solve this prob ??? Plz help me guys. :( Now i dont have Recovery partion and recovery CD.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try gparted live cd to delete/create partitions & this time post a screenshot of partition layout(use mobile phone to take image).

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Re: ►► Urgent!! Unable to install any OS on HP DV2700, i formatted recovery partiotion. :"(

Are any of the existing partitions visible when you run Windows setup?

Yes all existing partition is visible. i'm able to delete/format partition also. I ve read that there is some kind of chipset lock inside lappy so user cant install any other OS. :(

Are any of the existing partitions visible when you run Windows setup?

try gparted live cd to delete/create partitions & this time post a screenshot of partition layout(use mobile phone to take image).
Bro, partition is not problem here. Something locked by HP. :(

I have HBCD (Hiren), can it help to solve my prob ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^it is pavilion DV2700 not some secret NSA model having some intelligent chip which recognizes deletion of existing partition structure & set hard disk to read mode only.only hardware lock i know is the laptop adapter identification chip used by Dell to prevent charging of laptop battery by non-dell/generic adapter.
i have just installed windows 7 32bit on my pavillion dv2700... - HP Support Forum - 651375

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Check if EFI Secure boot is enabled in bios. if yes then disable it and Enable legacy boot.

Vendors who supply laptops with Windows 8, do this and it really p*sses me off. they force you to buy a Windows license if you want to buy a high end laptop, even if you already have a legit license with you. :pullhair:

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Check if EFI Secure boot is enabled in bios. if yes then disable it and Enable legacy boot.

how to do that, in lappy bios only 2-3 option is given like changing boot order and some memory test. :/

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
have you tried pressing F1 or F10 or Esc key repeatedly when the HP logo appears?

Pressing those buttons takes me to BIOS setting where i can see basic settings to change. Not getting advance settings. :mad::confused:

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Today i went to HP SC and asked them about this, they said w/o recovery media u cant do anything, and recovery media can be ordered from HP USA site.

PlZzzzz somebody help me. :(

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Taken from a MS tech site. This isn't my solution.

Try the following steps and let us know if this did or didn't help you out.

1. Click the 'Start Orb' > Click 'All Programs' > Click 'Accessories' > Right-click 'Command Prompt > Select 'Run as Administrator'
2. (In the command prompt) type "diskpart" without the quotes [ENTER]
3. Make sure that you are at "c:\" then type "diskpart" [ENTER]
4. You will then be in Diskpart.ext cmd.. Type "list volume" [ENTER]
5. Select the volume you want to clear, look for the partition and remember the vol number,
Type "select volume <number> [ENTER]
6. Type "attributes volume clear readonly" [ENTER]
7. Reboot and give it a shot

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
like i said earlier post screenshots of all bios config pages & use gparted live cd/usb to see current partition layout & post that image too using mobile.

Top Bottom