►► Urgent help needed!! I want to buy this Netbook from flipkart for Rs.13k [ASUS 1015E]

kool

Cyborg Agent
hey Guys,

I've one day left to buy this netbook, previously i wanted to buy a nexus tab. But i think 7" tab is very small for me, as I'm already using 4.5" Android cellphone. So kindly suggest me is this good decision to buy this netbook instead of tab ?

My req: Web browsing, facebook, IRCTC, some blogs, downloading study material in PDF format. Sometime movies.

I'm getting this for Rs.13K after discount and cashback from standard charted credit card. I only doubt its performance as it has 1Ghz celeron processor. Kindly check and suggest me. plzzzzz reply ASAP. This offer is valid till 19th Oct 2013.

Processor Details
Processor :Celeron Dual Core
Variant :847
Chipset :Mobile HM70 Express
Brand :Intel
Clock Speed :1.1 GHz
Cache :2 MB
RAM: 2GB DDR3

Asus 1015E-CY041D Netbook (CDC/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS) - Asus: Flipkart.com

$hadow

Geek in making
Well to be frank netbooks are crapy in terms of performance. So only thing you can think of before buying this is that you will not be able to use it to the max of any limit. You can browse net and do all your light work with ease but do not expect more from it.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
^^u r using S3 and Nexus7 old ??? So tell me what would u suggest me Nexus Tab or netbook ? i m already using my Xolo quadcore 4.5" mobile like a tab.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
BIG NEGATIVE - 1024x600 resolution.
I had a similar size screened HP netbook and now have a proper 1366x768 Samsung. It is a big difference.
Forget everything else but if the resolution in a laptop / netbook is 600 horizontal, just forget it.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
BIG NEGATIVE - 1024x600 resolution.
I had a similar size screened HP netbook and now have a proper 1366x768 Samsung. It is a big difference.
Forget everything else but if the resolution in a laptop / netbook is 600 horizontal, just forget it.

in real ASUS netbook has 1366x768 , on flipkart mentioned wrong.

maheshn

Journeyman
in real ASUS netbook has 1366x768 , on flipkart mentioned wrong.

Hello friend, the above mentioned is true, as I can inform you I'm the happy owner of the same for the past 6 months. The Celeron Dual-Core, while not as quick as a desktop, leaves all the atoms in the dust as far as performance goes.

It has a good, sharp screen with the resolution as 1366x768.

You may need to customize the font size to something slightly larger than the default to see things better.

Video playback rocks, and unlike the atoms (again), it plays back 1080p videos without any issue. (Been using VLC latest 2.1, PotPlayer and WMP, all three work smoothly with no stuttering or pixelation.

Battery life is good and ranges from 4-6 hours depending on use. It has a little quirk whereby if the battery level is about say 98% it wont charge. But once it drops just a little lower say 90% it will start charging. (Not a con, but different behaviour)

Oh, and it officially supports only Windows 8 64-bit (!!). But, you can get windows 7 64-bit to work on it as well. (I'm running both multiboot on it at the moment). Point to note - Driver CD supplied with PC contains drivers ONLY for Win8 64-bit, others one has to search on the net.

It is very good VFM and I have enjoyed using it (on long train journeys esp). Highly recommended - but get a look in a shop if you can before going to FK. The screen size *is* small, and it should not cause issues later.

(Sorry if I rambled, hope you find the information useful).

:)

Edit: Important - The particular offer on FK comes without OS, so you'll have to obtain and install windows (or linux, or whatever) by yourself. Keep in mind Please

Last edited:
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hello friend, the above mentioned is true, as I can inform you I'm the happy owner of the same for the past 6 months. The Celeron Dual-Core, while not as quick as a desktop, leaves all the atoms in the dust as far as performance goes.

It has a good, sharp screen with the resolution as 1366x768.

You may need to customize the font size to something slightly larger than the default to see things better.

Video playback rocks, and unlike the atoms (again), it plays back 1080p videos without any issue. (Been using VLC latest 2.1, PotPlayer and WMP, all three work smoothly with no stuttering or pixelation.

Battery life is good and ranges from 4-6 hours depending on use. It has a little quirk whereby if the battery level is about say 98% it wont charge. But once it drops just a little lower say 90% it will start charging. (Not a con, but different behaviour)

Oh, and it officially supports only Windows 8 64-bit (!!). But, you can get windows 7 64-bit to work on it as well. (I'm running both multiboot on it at the moment). Point to note - Driver CD supplied with PC contains drivers ONLY for Win8 64-bit, others one has to search on the net.

It is very good VFM and I have enjoyed using it (on long train journeys esp). Highly recommended - but get a look in a shop if you can before going to FK. The screen size *is* small, and it should not cause issues later.

(Sorry if I rambled, hope you find the information useful).

:)

Edit: Important - The particular offer on FK comes without OS, so you'll have to obtain and install windows (or linux, or whatever) by yourself. Keep in mind Please
Thanks.... but u replied 5min late. I ordered Nexus 7C instead this netbook. I read very bad reviews on Amazon.com

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats on ur purchase but after having owned a 7 in tab, i can safely say that it is not ideal for web browsing. An 8 in is minimum and 10 in is preferred. However, for pdfs and reading, it is excellent.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Congrats on ur purchase but after having owned a 7 in tab, i can safely say that it is not ideal for web browsing. An 8 in is minimum and 10 in is preferred. However, for pdfs and reading, it is excellent.

I cancelled my order today ! :p bcoz 7C have no option to check remaining data balance.

Top Bottom