►► 3G TAB vs TAB with USB MODEM vs TAB with Pocket WI-FI router vs PHABLET. Which one is best ??

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys,

I'm looking for tab from 2 months since funbook launched. And now its like market is flooded with so many indian/local brand like: WAMMY, VEEDEE, XTAB, SWIPE, BSNL PANTEL, ZYNC, iBerry etc.. Almost all tabs have similar features with price tag Rs.8k-12k. My requirement is inbuilt SIM card for net surfing because i think android OS is useless w/o net connection & 7" tab looks weird with external USB modem hanging to it.:-x
Searched a lot about tabs on different sites on gogi, iGyan etc. All tabs have ICS OS with 3G sim & w/o 3G sim support.

List of inbuilt sim TABS:::

1) VEEDEE D103G (2 version : 800p and 1024p) :)
2) XTAB A103G :|
3) SWIPE HALO (only 2G, GPRS speed) :|
4) WAMMY ETHOS (2 version: 800p+512ram & 1024p+1Gb ram) :cool:
5) iBerry AX03G (already flopped, very bad user review):-x

None of above tab has good review, some has battery issue because of 3G sim, and some have 2G/3G network is not detecting.
In my home only wired BSNL broadband is available attached to PC. So suggest me which combination would be best for tab for surfing net? :oops: which combo will have good battery life and fast net surfing ?

i.e:
  • TAB with inbuilt SIM support (Price is 10k)
  • TAB w/o sim + external USB modem like Idea netsetter (Price 6k + 1.2k)
  • Tab w/o sim + wi-fi router BSNL (But i wont be able to use on the move, Price 6k+1k)
  • Tab w/o sim +Pocket WI-FI router from micromax Brand (Price 6k+ 2.3k)

Inbuilt 3G sim tabs cost are min. Rs.10k and w/o sim there are so many good tabs starting range: Rs.6k. There are also Rs.3k tabs with low spec. So which combo is more power hunger? My main req for tab is Youtube, whatsapp, facebook, email, yahoo/gtalk/nimbuzz, PDF reader. I'm not interested in gaming, but sometime movie while traveling. :-D

Budget : Rs.10,000

kk_590

Broken In
Tab w/o sim + wi-fi router is the best way to go if you don't travel much.
Advantages :
1) You don't have to pay anything for internet, as you can use your BSNL connection.
2) You will have wide range of varieties (Tablets) to choose from.
3) The Wifi can also be used by other Wifi enabled devices like smartphones,laptops etc
4) You also mentioned that you use the tablet to watch youtube videos, which consumes a lot of bandwidth. So it will be a costly affair if you go with a 3G tab.
The only disadvantage is that you won't have 3G on the go, and I don't think it will be a issue because you can always connect a data card and access internet anytime later when needed.

Last edited:
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Tab w/o sim + wi-fi router is the best way to go if you don't travel much.
Advantages :
1) You don't have to pay anything for internet, as you can use your BSNL connection.
2) You will have wide range of varieties (Tablets) to choose from.
3) The Wifi can also be used by other Wifi enabled devices like smartphones,laptops etc
4) You also mentioned that you use the tablet to watch youtube videos, which consumes a lot of bandwidth. So it will be a costly affair if you go with a 3G tab.
The only disadvantage is that you won't have 3G on the go, and I don't think it will be a issue because you can always connect a data card and access internet anytime later when needed.

thnx :) and which one will give good battery backup? low power consumption.

Should i buy MICROMAX A100 :|

batman

Broken In
@kool

An offtopic question..iberry auxus ax03g has been released?..Pls share the link for the review..One of my friends was planning to buy that one..

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
@kool

An offtopic question..iberry auxus ax03g has been released?..Pls share the link for the review..One of my friends was planning to buy that one..

dont buy. bad revoew on FB page, that its not detecting 3G/2G sim network.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Micromax A100 ?????
But that is not a tablet .
Do you mean Micromax Funbook ????

no i'm talking about phablet. Because none of above tab is stable. So m thinking to buy 5 inch screen mobile. All tabs have only 3hr. battery life.

Top Bottom