Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Commuter 5.8/10

IDK the point of this movie; why was it even made.
Took Liam Neeson but made him struggle in fighting. Not much acting scope too.
Poor writing and almost a bollywood type climax.
If you skip this, you aren't missing anything.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Witch (2015)
One of the best horror movies out there. No jumpscare BS. Its atmospheric & you can feel the fear by looking at the actors face. Its a well made different kind of movie.May not be suitable for everyone.

Balabala

Broken In
The Guitar(2008)
Film starts with the heroine being told that her cancer is in an advanced stage and she has a month to live
Interesting story line,excellent performance by the heroine and a simple and a neat story telling,direction.
Not to be watched with the family as there are 3 explicit scenes.
2.5 out of 5 stars

Last edited:

Balabala

Broken In
Before we go
A must watch for hardcore romantics.With just a handful of actors,the movie is very neatly told,good production value given the limitations of the budget and a very elegant direction.
I was pleasantly surprised to note that the handsome hero was the director too and it was his maiden attempt.
Good cinematography and music
3 out of 5 stars

Balabala

Broken In
Light at the end of the tunnel
An argentine movie,a sleek,well made crime thriller.
Cinematography,direction and screen play top notch.
I do not want to tell anything about the story and play a spoiler.
3 out of 5 stars

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Before we go
A must watch for hardcore romantics.With just a handful of actors,the movie is very neatly told,good production value given the limitations of the budget and a very elegant direction.
I was pleasantly surprised to note that the handsome hero was the director too and it was his maiden attempt.
Good cinematography and music
3 out of 5 stars
That handsome hero/director is Chris Evans,aka Captain America!

Balabala

Broken In
Midnight sun
Scwarzenegger junior arrives with a bang in a role that looks like taylor made for him,not much twitching of facial muscles needed to act,he just needs to look charming and he does that.
A reasonable watch for hardcore romantics.
Songs were very good.
3 out of 5 stars

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Decent acting by Ranbir and Vicky Kaushal. Apart from that the movie feels like a propganda piece to improve Sanjay Dutt's image. Every scene & every dialogue uses all Bollywood clichés to shove down your throat the fact that Dutt is just a decent man who made a few mistakes.
I would suggest to not waste your money on this untill you are a huge Ranbir fan.
Review about Sanju movie? anyone

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Exactly what was published in some major hindi daily while Times of India gave it 4 stars.Seeing the trailer also gave impression of a propaganda type movie though acting seemed decent.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^ Times of India gave it 4 stars.
Did Times of India and Taran adarsh rated any movies below 3 1/2 & 4 in recent years?:D Bhai brand is bigger than both of them thus consider race 3 as an exception.

Btw guys I have seen Race 3 & trust me its not as bad as people are saying it is. It was so close of being gunda 2(the original gunda not that south dubbed movie) . It was spoiled by some boring scenes and few(1 or 2 max) actually good fight sequences.
Bhai intro scene shows that bhai is a batman fan & with this scene he also pays homage to saif ali khan's dare devil character from previous race series.

Last edited:

Balabala

Broken In
WENDY AND LUCY
An award movie,it shows why,you feel like you live along with the charecters,so real and warm.Even if I was the jury I would have given the best movie and best actress award.
The movie throws light on the lack of family and support system in the US and how youngsters are left to fend for themselves and how difficult it is.
The heroine and director have excelled
A must watch.
3.5 out of 5 stars.

Top Bottom