Team Fortress 2

ankush28

Bazinga
You can backup steam on Windows, then restore on Ubuntu, it will only need to download some linux binary after you restored windows version of TF2 on ubuntu, i think it is like ~300 MB of files. Going to do the same for CS GO now.

I know this but the thing is I don't have windows version too :p I downloaded CS:GO (it was ~270mb extra files on Ubuntu)ss

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You have to download TF2 at least. If keeping Laptop on for long durations isn't an option then maybe go to a café and DL I guess.

chris

In the zone
How does TF2 perform under Linux?

I can play it properly on my crappy HD 5670 with 512 MB RAM with Ubuntu 14.04 default open source driver (fglrx, TF2 is fine, but normal desktop usage sucks, bad 2D performance with my card). I am very happy Valve done it for Linux :)

chris

In the zone
Ubuntu graphics performance improved a lot in last few months, some 6 months ago I retired to switch to Linux, my card can't even play YouTube video properly, now everything is smooth.

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
I'd love to play koth_harvest with you guys.
What servers are you usually on? do we have any active group or server maybe?

Steam Id: BadJuju

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am not sure, my TF2 installation got corrupted, so I am redownloading it too.

However, that was just a halloween even, therefore I am not sure if it's still there.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I am not sure, my TF2 installation got corrupted, so I am redownloading it too.

However, that was just a halloween even, therefore I am not sure if it's still there.

strange same thing happened with me suddenly one morning i saw tf2 downloading from beginning even though it was already installed idk what is wrong with steam.........................

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
strange same thing happened with me suddenly one morning i saw tf2 downloading from beginning even though it was already installed idk what is wrong with steam.........................
Maybe some major update or just redownloading corrupt files.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
i am fed up with this last time payday 2 was downloading 99% done then suddenly when i restart the pc , it says downloading from start, i cancelled and delted that ****...............
If game is updates when you're downloading it starts from beginning.

You can "fix" it by turning off auto updates.

Top Bottom