Zebronics Bijli 2 Discussion

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^ Yes, somewhat correct.
If they launch a new revised model of Invader with front USB-3 header it will be a very good option too.
But AFAIK Invader costs around 4k-5k.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Even 3k is more.. Gamma will be more affordable and will be a clear winner if prices are more than 3k..... 2.5k is good..

Also I have seen marketing for this Bijli 2 has stared I saw in a Tech forum the add for this cabby.. But not available in the shops yet...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think there's any single USB3 cabby available on the market around ~2.5k which also comes with 4x LED 120mm fan per-installed - so considering the features and bundle 3/3.2k will be just fine ;-)

doomgiver

Warframe
what to do after buying it : take a lack perma-marker and erase that "bijli 2" sign on the top.

WARNING!!! specmanship detected :
1. hexacone top panel : i have no idea how it affects everything else. does it provide liquid cooling or help in overclocking? no? useless.
2. delta side panel : does it help increase the temperature delta? or provide more airflow at crucial times? no.
3. airtake front panel : come on!!! ye to bas jaali lagi hai (its just a wire mesh)

but if zeb takes care in pricing, they could have a hit on thier hands

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
those are just some take buzzword ( jargon ) they are using to justify the high price tag ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
Just advertising gimmik. If it even come close to territory of haf series its a fail but better pricing might make it a winner.

maheshn

Journeyman
Hello

I purchased the Bijli 2 in Chennai a couple of days ago.

A brief first impression:
Pros:
Cabinet fit-and-finish is excellent.
Front USB3 ports
Toolless installation - hard drive bays, optical drive bays and expansion cards
Bottom mount PSU with about 1cm gap between the PSU and the bottom of the cabinet.

Cons:
USB3 ports rely on 2 numbers of *normal* usb A cables, which have to be routed out the back either through a slot or through the holes provided for water cooling (Since I don't use water cooling i used the watercooling holes).
The clips which are meant to retain expansion cards are very fragile and unless one is very careful they will break off easily.
SMPS bundled with it is Zebronics Gold, it does have only one 4-pin power connector for the CPU which means one cannot use eg Intel DP55KG board with this PSU straightaway (as it requires 2 4-pin connectors). Also it doesn't have any power connector for graphics cards. (But I suppose one could always get a better PSU).

Cost was 4050/- (at wholesale rate according to the dealer).

Edit: I got it up and running with a basic config and thought you would like to see the basic case temps:

CPU
Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz 35 °C
Chipset
Intel Corporation DH61WW (LGA1155 CPU 1) 29 °C
HDD
244GB Seagate ST9250315AS ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C

(This is after about 1hr of moderate use with some idling in between)
(Temps as shown by Speccy software).
(I installed 1 extra exhaust fan at the top).

In reply to the last post, the front grill is very rigid and doesn't flex even if one leans on it... but material is unknown. The drive trays are chrome plated but the base material may be tin for all we know... ;-)

Also the drive trays allow to mount 2.5" devices without any adapter. Currently I'm running a 2.5" Seagate drive as the only drive in the setup.

(Will install a proper graphics card and test again).

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Congrats and Thanks for the review ;-)

Can we install expansion cards using screws as the clips are very fragile ?

I think if someone don't OPT for the PSU then he can get Rs. 400-500 off which makes this one around ~3.5k and a few months later the price will reduce further ;-)

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
So, this cabinet w/o SMPS at 3.5k is a good choice. Just hope prices come down further to 3k or 2.5k soon.

But a full Review will be a great.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
It will take some time. Some1 already has that case and its going to take some time. Sadly, in a country with so many review sources most of the guys circulate 1 media sample around, out of which most of the review guys send it in a very bad condition and even with some packaging/accessories being 'misplaced'.

Top Bottom