Your preferred/using OS

Your major OS

• Total voters

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
the poll's gone mad... look at the percentages..

@Garbage

we had several such threads.... fanboys fight and fight and fight esp. the OSS boys ;) ... don't know if it is a good idea... lets see ....

doomgiver

Warframe
Windows Rocksssssss

hahaha!!! i bet its a bug in YOUR windows that puts extra "s" after a word, right?
because, you would have to be a :noob: to write that way.

and windows rocks, like rocking in an earthquake, its completely shattered and useless after it ROCKS, right?

R2K

In the Zone
Yeah many countries have also moved from windows to Linux. I hope that happens in India. A lot of money would be saved for other purpose.

Saved? People need to buy it at first place to save the money...I mean how many ppl really pay for it:grin:

Windows 7 on laptop
windows XP on work Pc as well as on Download rig
.I have Ubuntu installed in Virtual box but forget abt working on it lol i hardly ever care to boot it:grin:
And i dream abt working with OSX someday:D:)):)):))

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not about personal usage, its about Govt. agencies, departments etc. Ultimately, exchequer has to bear the price. Recently we purchased 29 PCs with Win 7 Pro 64-bit and 3 PCs with Ubuntu Linux. All have the same hardware. And the Ubuntu PCs were cheaper than Win 7 PCs by 5-6K bucks. And no, in Linux, after booting to desktop, I don't have to ensure whether the AV is updated or not. I can start my work instantly.

gameranand

Living to Play
R2K said:
Saved? People need to buy it at first place to save the money...I mean how many ppl really pay for it
See this this is what I was talking about
Skud said:
Its not about personal usage, its about Govt. agencies, departments etc. Ultimately, exchequer has to bear the price. Recently we purchased 29 PCs with Win 7 Pro 64-bit and 3 PCs with Ubuntu Linux. All have the same hardware. And the Ubuntu PCs were cheaper than Win 7 PCs by 5-6K bucks. And no, in Linux, after booting to desktop, I don't have to ensure whether the AV is updated or not. I can start my work instantly.
@Skud
You just made it easier for me to make the guy understand. :)

Top Bottom