Your Opinion about the Dubbed Movies in Hindi

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
The worst thing about hindi dubbed hollywood movies is they totally translate to "shudhh hindi". IMO it should be in hinghlish that we speak in daily routine.

hinglish is only speaken in well to do places of india. The dubbing is done for people who dont know english. the larger part of india not living in cities. So shuddh hindi is the obvious choice. What would be the point if it has parts in english'?

rider

as Kratos
My vote goes to, "Shudhh Hindi" or "Pure English".
I hate Hinglish. :?

Man, nobody speaks and understand shuddh hindi nowadays, even youth in small towns or villages. Dubbing should be done in a language so that majority of people can easily understand. For hinglish i mean few words only.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Dubbing a hollywood movie in hindi stomps the soul of the movie. Its acceptable only when speech has no significance in the movie. Once I saw a hollywood movie long back where the dialog was "hang on!" and the hindi version was "latke raho". I mean what is this!
And you can see what they did to Harry Potter series. Worst dubbing ever. Garud-dwar, naagshakti. I mean ghanta garud-dwar. "Gryffin" means garud(eagle) and "dor" mean dwar. They literally translated this!. Atleast keep the names intact. Whats the problem with "gryffindor"?

My vote goes to, "Shudhh Hindi" or "Pure English".
I hate Hinglish. :?

Shuddh Hindi is always better than hinglish. And if you really cannot understand proper hindi, then I don't know what to say.

rahul_c

Journeyman
Some movies released along with separate hindi versions are watchable but the dubbed movies shown on TV (Bindaas or UTV action) are torture. Not only they spoil grammer and sense of dialouges but they also sound foolish. They use phrase like -"ayee bheduu", "maa ki aankh", etc and sound cheap. They sound as if the movie is dubbed in home and not professionaly.
Subtitles are so much better, I watch everything in its orginal language. :)

^Shubdh hindi is better. (but not oldish)

rider

as Kratos
Dubbing a hollywood movie in hindi stomps the soul of the movie. Its acceptable only when speech has no significance in the movie. Once I saw a hollywood movie long back where the dialog was "hang on!" and the hindi version was "latke raho". I mean what is this!
And you can see what they did to Harry Potter series. Worst dubbing ever. Garud-dwar, naagshakti. I mean ghanta garud-dwar. "Gryffin" means garud(eagle) and "dor" mean dwar. They literally translated this!. Atleast keep the names intact. Whats the problem with "gryffindor"?

Shuddh Hindi is always better than hinglish. And if you really cannot understand proper hindi, then I don't know what to say.

+1 You got what I'm saying they translate as it is like a robot who has no AI. I mean to say shuddh hindi or big urdu words are not used in day to day speak many people cant get it, man.
I'm not saying I can not understand hindi FYI I'm school topper in cbse boards i got 96 out of 100 in hindi.

kisame

King of Heroes

Totally agree with Harry Potter part.those hindi names are hilarious.
But it is allright with kids with less English exposure.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^ actually I hate when parents take them to hindi show.. when are kids going to learn.. if they are not going to use it and for jut name sake they say kids are in english medium school.. WTF?

hollywood in Hindi is insult to movie.. I hate when an serious scene is changed to comedy one.. It is better to not watch rather watching that ****.. watch at home when dvd Bluray :grin: comes out with subtitles

rider

as Kratos
^ actually I hate when parents take them to hindi show.. when are kids going to learn.. if they are not going to use it and for jut name sake they say kids are in english medium school.. WTF?

hollywood in Hindi is insult to movie.. I hate when an serious scene is changed to comedy one.. It is better to not watch rather watching that ****.. watch at home when dvd Bluray :grin: comes out with subtitles

:agreed:

Top Bottom