Your Opinion about the Dubbed Movies in Hindi

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have seen so many TV channels airing dubbed versions of south Iindian movies.. do you guys actually see it? almost all channels are airing these movies..

is it so popular ?

Fog

Broken In
I was with my sister once, and she watched it just for the lols. It was Harry Potter : Goblet of Fire.

And it's REALLY funny when its British converted to Hindi :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some are dubbed nicely. example, Indra the Tiger.

Although I'll prefer only subtitles. No dubbing.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, if you will dub X language movie to Y language. (where X is ANY language and Y is any INDIAN language), it's comedy imo.

Indian dub artists are stupid.

Subtitles are fine.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I never see dubbed movies. Used to see in childhood but not now. Now me too prefer subtitles.On enter10 channel,they show south indian movies in bhojpuri. Can you imagine south indian people talking in bhojpuri or bihari language?

Indian dub artists are stupid.
yeah,i was watching Twilight on UTV Action,they have their own dubbing(it seems to be). One guy asked bela like this:"tu kaha thi kal". Just e.g. Like this dubbing was done.

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
I don't mean to stray too far, but I remember around 10 years ago Cartoon Network started showing dubbed versions of various cartoons. While I was like 13 at the time, I remember watching 2 or 3 episodes of the Hindi dubbed version of Batman: The Animated Series and it was done quite well imo.

It's kind of a vague memory so I could be wrong, but I do recall thinking at the time something along the lines of 'hmm, the hindi voice actors did a pretty nice job on this'.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Tamil Dubbed Chinese movies are hilarious

PS: There is no language called "Chinese" its either Mandarin or Cantonese :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't mean to stray too far, but I remember around 10 years ago Cartoon Network started showing dubbed versions of various cartoons. While I was like 13 at the time, I remember watching 2 or 3 episodes of the Hindi dubbed version of Batman: The Animated Series and it was done quite well imo.

It's kind of a vague memory so I could be wrong, but I do recall thinking at the time something along the lines of 'hmm, the hindi voice actors did a pretty nice job on this'.
That was the golden era of cartoons. :p Every one will agree on that. Dubbing artists were good back then.

But now the scenario is, they're putting cartoon voices in movies. :p :mad:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
That was the golden era of cartoons. :p Every one will agree on that. Dubbing artists were good back then.
i agree. Kids next door first came with simple dubbing,that was good.but later it came with dubbing in which like each character was from different states of india.one was punjabi,other was bengali etc.

suyash24seven

Journeyman
they are pure comedy! :-D also the hollywood ones dubbed in hindi, hilarious! and annoying too if you're actually a fan of the original movie. they played havoc with the terms in harry potter movies :| praanbhakshi, garud-dwaar, sammohito! :pan:

i'm just grateful they didn't change albus dumbledore to albela daamodar! :razz:

abhidev

Human Spambot
anybody tried watching English movies dubbed in Hindi on UTV Bindass....man the dubbing is so funny...once I watched Me,Myself and Irene in Hindi and it was totally funny :D

Alok

Adventurer
Only hindi dubbing i liked was Disney's Aladdin. (Sonu Nigam as Aladdin) pretty well dubbed.
BUT WHEN THEY TRANSLATED THE SONG:facepalm:

"A whole new world,"

in hindi , i was like :facepalm:

They changed meaning of song pretty most.

Top Bottom