Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
All my gaming has been on Linux for 2+ years now. So, in this case, Proton.
How does one do modding in Proton ?
ME:R didn't run on Proton for me. So I had refunded it. Looks like it's supported now, so might re-buy next sale.

Modding depends on the kind of mod. If it's a setup exe file, you can use Proton Launcher to run it and choose the game from the list of installed games that comes up to run it in the same protonfix as the game. If it uses something like Mod Organizer, you could either use Lutris or look up SteamTinkerLaunch.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Because why not.

I've been making a concerted effort to get away from Windows for good, which is getting worse by the day and will keep getting worse. I don't want to put up with it just for gaming.

Besides performance is actually pretty good for a most of the games I've played. So far all games I've posted here I've played on Linux and I don't even remember the last time I booted Windows.

Edit: I'm still on windows 10 BTW.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It was supposed to be a tie-in with the game but then later they spun off and made it it's own thing. The story is not canon though it borrows elements from the Fury Road movie.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I was expecting it to suck but it turned out to be a lot of fun. It had a AA feel to it but still a very well made game.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Bought & Started Hell Divers 2, playing with a friend. Quite a lot of fun honestly. The gameplay is pretty good. It's like a better more immersive version of Halo or Destiny2

Started playing Banishers Ghost of New Eden, played for 4 hrs or so. Its not an exceptional game but still a good game indeed. Unlike most recent games, it is well polished as well, I get 80-90fps average at 1440p ultra (with shadows at high), no upscaling on my rig. Graphics are good as well.

Completed Banishers: Ghost of New Eden.

A good game overall. It's not an amazing game but not all games need to be. Well optimised at launch and priced well too. We had much worse AAA games for much higher prices over the last few years.

2024 is surely looking good for gamers.

Top Bottom