Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I wish we had Sekiro deflection mechanic for katanas in Elden Ring.
Me too but it would be too much mix match of things, and it would cause an entirely different PVP experience. I think what elden ring has, is good for an overall evolution of Dark Souls.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It can be useful for some bosses like Malenia who hit very frequently. Could be a counter for waterfowl dance in PvP in the right hands.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
It can be useful for some bosses like Malenia who hit very frequently. Could be a counter for waterfowl dance in PvP in the right hands.
How would from soft balance it against other kinds of weapons. It worked in sekiro becaue you only got to use a katana.
If its allowed for all weapons, even ultragreat swords, slow heavy weapons it would be extremely op.
if it was allowed only for katanas, nobody would use anything else (well nobody does anyway but you get my point).

It works in sekiro because its a SP game and its a katana only game.

The only way i could think this could have been done is a katana only - ashes of war perhaps. Parry on the wakizashi is the closest thing to it lol.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps make it less effective against great and colossal weapons. Like attempting to deflect a great weapon is either not effective at all or staggers the player. Also make it so that players lose stamina on deflect so that you can only deflect 3-4 times. This way the deflection would be situational.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I also find souls games hard compared to other games. I think they are different than other games and I didnt get hang of them since start as I only mostly played tps and fps games back in the days.

Completed Dying Light 2.

Games does some stuff right, some stuff are bad. IMO they should have just improved on DL1 instead of taking features away. Now they are adding back features like guns, weapon repairs & few other stuff in the future. Story was compelling enough for me to complete it, grind is bit bad though. Game is surely enjoyable on coop.

Another big annoyance was the in game brightness, its bad. I had to increase the monitor brightness & boost shadows inside the monitor settings to make things visible at day (not talking about night, which I can understand). In default settings, I used to turn on the flashlight during many cut scenes which happened during day time. I used to keep the flashlight on during day time even when I'm jumping across buildings, the shadow areas were just too dark.

Started playing Baldur's Gate 3 last weekend. 13hrs in, I am liking it. It might seem overwhelming at first, but you will slowly get used to its mechanics (watch some beginner's guides). Turn based combat & isometric view were kind of holding me from trying it earlier, but I am enjoying it now.

Completed Baldur's Gate 3 in 62hrs. It deserves to be the Game of the Year, better than many GoTY winners from the past few years, games like Elden Ring, RDR2, God of War, etc. The isometric camera view & turn based combat put me off from trying it at launch, but the freedom & flexibility with which you can proceed your story is something I never saw earlier, even in games like Mass Effect Trilogy or Witcher 3. I agree BG3 is a different genre of game but I enjoyed it, will do a 2nd playthrough after some time (maybe after a year).

There have been very few games where I completed the campaign more than once, like Witcher 3, ME 2, AC Origins, AC Black Flag, GTA V, to name a few.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Completed Baldur's Gate 3 in 62hrs. It deserves to be the Game of the Year, better than many GoTY winners from the past few years, games like Elden Ring, RDR2, God of War, etc. The isometric camera view & turn based combat put me off from trying it at launch, but the freedom & flexibility with which you can proceed your story is something I never saw earlier, even in games like Mass Effect Trilogy or Witcher 3. I agree BG3 is a different genre of game but I enjoyed it, will do a 2nd playthrough after some time (maybe after a year).

There have been very few games where I completed the campaign more than once, like Witcher 3, ME 2, AC Origins, AC Black Flag, GTA V, to name a few.
Time to play Original Sin and Original Sin 2

quicky008

Technomancer
is anyone playing alan wake 2? I came across some discussions in some whatsapp groups where it was being hailed as one of the best games ever made,but personally i played the game for the first 2-3 hrs or so but didn't like it all that much.Also the game was running quite terribly ,with frequent dips below 50 fps esp. in the forest areas(with most settings at low to med on a 3060ti at 1080p).With DLSS set to on,it looked quite blurry and washed out.

These days all of remedy's games are released with tremendous hype but they failed to live upto the expectations of normal folks (fanboys seem to like them though).Control was also difficult to run at launch and required a powerful gpu to provide a steady 60 FPS even at medium settings-and the game was quite repetitive and boring,despite this it was received pretty well by many.

If i remember correctly,same was the case with quantum break,which ran poorly at launch on PC-remedy seems to have a history of deliberately releasing poorly optimized PC games,perhaps in an attempt to force users to upgrade their systems (Esp. gpus)

I heard that Alan Wake 2 is good, but suffers from poor optimisation.

DLSS & FSR are never to be used at 1080p. Render resolution below 1080p doesn't have enough data for good upscaling. I have a 1440p monitor, so can use DLSS/FSR quality mode where it renders just below 1080p & upscales it.

Sadly current gen GPUs are bad as well, basically no major uplift in performance on desktop side in last 3 years. With how things used to go earlier, GPU of one class used to get performance similar to a tier above of previous class. Example - 2060 was a $300 GPU which was as good as old 1080, 3060 was a $300 GPU as good as RTX 2070, but 4060 has the same performance as 3060 with lower VRAM & memory bandwidth. Efficiency has improved, so a 4060 laptop is 10% inferior to its desktop counterpart, which is good for laptop gamers in a way.

I heard that 4060 is pretty close to 3060ti in terms of performance
No, it is close to 3060, like how 4060Ti is basically like a 3060Ti.

1700140509388.png

Top Bottom