Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
good to see you after a long time:D anyway, only plus point of this game is it's Naval missions.

tkin

Back to school!!
good to see you after a long time:D anyway, only plus point of this game is it's Naval missions.
Agreed, I enjoy the naval missions only, a shame to see such a great series go to waste, main missions are too damn easy, the first important main mission took me 2 mins to complete, a f'n 2 mins. I shall name this game
Cutscene's Creed:
Enjoy Loadscreens Like Never Before.

Right now I'm playing this to get to the end of the main story, a story which deserves a good ending, something tells me this'll be just like Mass Effect 3, a bunch of games to build up climax and then it goes downhill faster than an Avalanche.

@ tkin

Long time no see. Welcome back. :)
Thanks man, here's a list of my backlog, anything I missed which are from 2013/2014? I'd pretty much finished all games from 2012 or prior.

1. Hitman Absolution
2. Battlefield 4
3. Saints Row 4
4. Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag
6. Batman Arkham Origins
7. Metro Last Light

gameranand

Living to Play
Right now I'm playing this to get to the end of the main story, a story which deserves a good ending, something tells me this'll be just like Mass Effect 3, a bunch of games to build up climax and then it goes downhill faster than an Avalanche.

Thanks man, here's a list of my backlog, anything I missed which are from 2013/2014? I'd pretty much finished all games from 2012 or prior.

1. Hitman Absolution
2. Battlefield 4
3. Saints Row 4
6. Batman Arkham Origins
7. Metro Last Light

Add Castlevania to that list.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Currently playing Assassins Creed 3, well Ubisoft, thankfully, like all other series you own, you had successfully destroyed one more series :evil:
Free running is gone, with small cluster of houses separated by wide roads, and almost every rooftop being guarded, you'll be forced to the ground in no time, now the fact the guards wield guns means its very difficult to navigate on rooftops as the guards will instantly shoot you down, and in jungle its limited to some trees and not much useful. And by gawd the loadscreens and cutscenes, in AC3 even loadscreens have loadscreens, Start->Loadscreen->Cutscene->Loadscreen->Action->repeat, in a span of 5 mins you have 4 loadcsreen/cutscene with the character walking a few feet around. Gameplay has become way too easy, I can finish the entire game without using a single weapon, that's why weapons have no allure anymore, unlike AC2 where a better sword did make a difference here it'll just look fancy. The enemy variations are too less as well, soldiers and heavies, that's it, nothing else(upto seq 8), in AC2 there were some 4-5 different class of enemies, like runners, papal guards, heavies, brutes etc etc. Game economics have become waay too complicated to even care anymore, not that it matters anyway, you have no use for money, with the self healing healthbar(which is damn stupid), assassins recruit system is a joke and half the time the game AI cannot find the target, the first 8 hrs is a gigantic tutorial, as boring as trying to stay awake in Social Education class, this is a mess in every way, the side missions are cr@p, I could go on and on.

You'll be praising the same company for ACIV, just you wait. Best AC till date, and on par with ACII.

And welcome back.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Agreed, I enjoy the naval missions only, a shame to see such a great series go to waste, main missions are too damn easy, the first important main mission took me 2 mins to complete, a f'n 2 mins. I shall name this game
Cutscene's Creed:
Enjoy Loadscreens Like Never Before.

1. Hitman Absolution
2. Battlefield 4
3. Saints Row 4
6. Batman Arkham Origins
7. Metro Last Light

Ditch saint s row and play splinter cell blacklist.

gameranand

Living to Play
Ok, anything else? Have I missed any AAA?

Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance is also good if you like Hack n Slash.
XCOM Enemy Within came as expansion for XCOM Enemy Unknown and is very good if you like TBS.
Shadow Warrior is also good but don't expect much from visuals.
Remember Me has a kinda new concept.

I think you have already played Dmc Devil May Cry, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider and Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm. If not then add them as well. I think this concludes year 2013 as far as AAA games are concerned. :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Recently finished Half Life 2. Now its nowhere near the most enjoyable games I played but the game is just amazing. I really admire the way the developers made the game.

For a game from 2004, the graphics & the lighting are too good. The physics in the game, even current games don't have as good. The story is long enough, the level design is awesome & the missions have a lot of variety, most of the current fps don't seem to have added much in terms of game-play innovation.

May be someday I'll play it again. The bad thing is this time I had to complete it with god mode, the latter missions got too frustratingly difficult for me.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Half life ranks among the top 5 games I've ever played.

Really awesome.

Completed the wolf among us ep1. Damn this is a fabulous game. Has all the bits that made the walking dead a success and enjoyable.

Great game.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Completed Mafia 2 one of the best coded game ever has really exceptional graphics and shadow effects you realise more when driving on bridge and the the car shines.The best part is the 1950's music just soft,smooth and enjoyable in the journey.Loved the game.
I think its a small version of gta but well made and coded with better graphics.

tkin

Back to school!!
Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance is also good if you like Hack n Slash.
XCOM Enemy Within came as expansion for XCOM Enemy Unknown and is very good if you like TBS.
Shadow Warrior is also good but don't expect much from visuals.
Remember Me has a kinda new concept.

I think you have already played Dmc Devil May Cry, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider and Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm. If not then add them as well. I think this concludes year 2013 as far as AAA games are concerned. :)
Ah yes, metal gear added, Crysis 3 as well, rest played, thanks dude.

Playing AC IV now, awesome game, but really, the characters are once again weak, am I to believe a guy with no training could become an assassin in just a few days time? Also missing the grandeur of the Assassins order, not that I'm complaining, AC4 is a damn good game, but should have been made a spinoff series, slowly the focus on the Assassin's order is being shifted to elsewhere, and non naval combat is easiest so far, something is amiss.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Completed Mafia 2 one of the best coded game ever has really exceptional graphics and shadow effects you realise more when driving on bridge and the the car shines.The best part is the 1950's music just soft,smooth and enjoyable in the journey.Loved the game.
I think its a small version of gta but well made and coded with better graphics.

I totally loved that game.
GTA games are nice for fun things around the city. Mafia II I liked more for the story.

Top Bottom