Windows Vista SP1 Final is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Doesn't make any difference for my PC. Always updated with latest patches and Vista works like a charm on this.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Thanks for info..........
Downloading now :)

wow..getting constant download speed of 256KB/sec(2Mbps) on my Airtel 2Mbps connection. Great Airtel service, awesome Microsoft server.

OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Already using since 1 month :D

Me too. :)

Just confirmed that the file version on the previous MSDN release and the public release are same, both are 6.0.001.17028. I just downloaded to confirm it. But typing winver on the RUN menu reveals that it is indeed SP1. Checking other dll files in the system32 folder also confirm that the final build is 6.0.001.18000. Also, DX 10.1 is included in the that folder. :D

BTW I also have both Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe and Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave1.exe :D

Last edited:
Can anybody who downloaded the SP1 from MSDN subscription downloads before confirm the timestamp in the digital signature of their exe? I can see a differences between the two. The timestamp of this new executable is 1 feb while the MSDN one is 17 jan, size is also different. is that means there is any difference between these? Plz someone confirm it

OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
The MSDN one has a timestamp of Sunday, January 20, 2008 9:17:20 AM while the Public release has the following timestamp : Friday, February 01, 2008 1:58:26 AM.

AFAIK, there are two different versions of SP1 to download. One have only five languages packs included in it and named Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0 (size 434 MB). While the other has all language packs available in it and named Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave1 (size 543 MB). I got the later version from MSDN. The first one is released for public downloads as of now.

OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
ya that wave0 and wave 1 thing i know. But what is the meaning of difference in sizes of the two, wave0 released b4 and wave0 released now?

Check this :

AFAIK, there are two different versions of SP1 to download. One have only five languages packs included in it and named Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0 (size 434 MB). While the other has all language packs available in it and named Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave1 (size 543 MB). I got the later version from MSDN. The first one is released for public downloads as of now.

The only difference is language packs :D

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
For all those who are on dial-up and not able to download SP1, there is a easier solution...

Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1

Published: March 18, 2008

* Windows Vista SP1 is available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese. Other languages will be made available soon.

* Microsoft strongly recommends using Windows Update to download and install Windows Vista SP1 on single PCs:

- The download size from Windows Update of Windows Vista SP1 for x86 is 65 MB (compared to 450 MB from the Microsoft Download Center).
- The download size from Windows Update of Windows Vista SP1 for x64 is 125 MB (compared to 745 MB from the Microsoft Download Center).
- Windows Update will recognize PCs with known problematic drivers and postpone downloading Windows Vista SP1 until the PC has updated drivers or other applicable updates. Using Windows Update will help ensure you have the most trouble-free update experience possible.
- Some Windows Vista users may encounter an issue with a small set of hardware devices that may not function properly after updating a Windows Vista PC to Windows Vista SP1. This is an issue with the way the device drivers were re-installed during the Windows Vista SP1 update process, not with the drivers themselves—these drivers worked on Windows Vista RTM and they work on Windows Vista SP1. This problem is typically corrected by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. We are working with the manufacturers of these devices to get the known problematic drivers and their install programs updated, and also on other solutions we can use to ensure a smooth customer experience when updating to Windows Vista SP1 using Windows Update. For new PCs provisioned with Windows Vista SP1, this is not an issue.

Cheer up guys! :)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Guys i am not able to install the SP. I am facing the same problems i was facing when the first public testing version was released!

The standalone version says -
"An internal error occurred while installing the service pack.
Error Code: 0x8007000D"

And WU, well i left it to download overnight, did not happen. Doing so again. Will report back.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I was using the standalone installer only which gave me the error message.

The WU i tried today morning was successful.
Installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom