Windows Explorer vs Mac OS X Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ exactly and he is done it with the ipod too ...

he is like one of those evil hollywood vilians out to take over the world ...

1. all macs look alike (couldnt be themed if it wasnt for 3rd party good people)
2. ipod again all ipods look the same (ui)
3. iphone also is controlled by el jobso whom u call, what u install every bloody thing ...

moral of the story make every 1 buy the same looking thing which they have no control over and they have to turn to u for help and u have control on them ... just like he controls what every mac user upgrades on his mac or what 1 will install on their iphones ...

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ hey, that still works for those Americans who don't want to know anything about computers (trust me, you should see those Mac or Windows support calls) or who are usually idiots in computing & don't even know where the start button is.

Some of the sensible users are also following the cult. CAN'T HELP IT.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ya, think a lot before going for Mac

1) You will be locked to the Mac

2) You cannot upgrade anything. Let me know if you can upgrade that X1600 in your iMac with a Geforce 8600 GT with HDCP & the DVD drive with a HD DVD drive. Guess what, I can do that in my 4 years old PC right now.

3) No matter how much you polish a white box, its still a white box.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
whr is that mac boy was jumping saying that the os is flawless we have come up so many of em ... and he has decided to pack his bag and leave ... thts the problem with fan boys they blindly follow something will not weigh the options properly their thinking is mere paas hai toh acha hai ... main bhale bewakuf hoon par maine kharida aur mehenga hai toh its the best :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
whr is that mac boy was jumping saying that the os is flawless we have come up so many of em ... and he has decided to pack his bag and leave ... thts the problem with fan boys they blindly follow something will not weigh the options properly their thinking is mere paas hai toh acha hai ... main bhale bewakuf hoon par maine kharida aur mehenga hai toh its the best :D

He thought that he can say Mac OS X flawless & every one will believe it cos no one has the money to buy new Mac to run Mac OS X. So, his claims will be considered correct. Even the geenie effects is slow like hell in Mac.

He must be looking all over the net to copy paste some more articles praising Mac OS X.

Agar dimag hota to Dell Inspiron main Hackintoish use karta woh :D, right now he is getting free money thats why he is jumping like this. Tell him to earn some money on his own & then consider getting a Mac & he will run away.

goobimama

 Macboy
Well for what its worth, the "Oh it took us 18 months to compose" startup sound of Vista is much better than the Mac's "Bhaaaaang!"... its really scary when you have plugged in Logitech Z5500 speakers and forgotten to lower the volume which was at 50%!

Hey what's this about the Genie effect being slow on the Mac? If you use those Hackintosh things, then one can't blame the OS. Its really fast on my system...

And I didn't allow my parents to pay for my iMac. Even for the AppleCare warranty...

Last edited:

The other one
gx_saurav said:
So, his claims will be considered correct. Even the geenie effects is slow like hell in Mac.

I cant say about how slow the Genie effect is , but it sure is ugly.

gx_saurav said:
right now he is getting free money thats why he is jumping like this. Tell him to earn some money on his own & then consider getting a Mac & he will run away.

Even if you are right to some extent , i don't think its ok to comment upon how some one gets his computer. I dont know who are you mentioning here, but if he is a kid then its very obvious that he can not get things with his own money until he starts earning.

But yeah i won't buy a mac with my hard earned money for sure. :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
goobimama said:
Hey what's this about the Genie effect being slow on the Mac? If you use those Hackintosh things, then one can't blame the OS. Its really fast on my system...

Oh...ok. Yup, even Core Image is not compatible :-"

And I didn't allow my parents to pay for my iMac. Even for the AppleCare warranty...

It wasen't for you, it was for the self proclaimed "Mac Genius"

Even if you are right to some extent , i don't think its ok to comment upon how some one gets his computer. I dont know who are you mentioning here, but if he is a kid then its very obvious that he can not get things with his own money until he starts earning

He is not a kid, he just became adult :D (now roaming around the A Grade movie halls of his city, lolz). Yup, he got his computer from somewhere else, but the way he is acting its like "I made a good decision". Hack, you got money for what u wanted whether it was good or not.

Macboys said:
thinking is mere paas hai toh acha hai ... main bhale bewakuf hoon par maine kharida aur mehenga hai toh its the best :grin:

goobimama

 Macboy
I know that comment was not directed at me, cause of the 'genius' status awarded to...well. But what I wanted to say was that for all these years, my dad funded my computer purchases. And I didn't get to spend a lot at that. But when I wanted to get my own computer, I wanted something that will give me some good reliability, and good service, which I would get only from the Mac (at least in Goa, there's no other choice in this matter).

I'm not really sure where this is leading. I didn't sleep at all last night...mind's not in the right place I think.

Ah, figured it out.

Though I don't really know how he bought the laptop, what I can say is, who at that age has any cash of his own? I certainly didn't have any money of mine at the time. I'm sure when things settle down, he'll make the 'same' right decision...

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Braking news : My Mac OS X installation is borked :D. Need to either reinstall or repair some how using MacDrive from within Windows.

Oh & for those who have never seen, this is how the kernel panic on Mac OS X looks like.

*img366.imageshack.us/img366/4228/kernelpanichz4.th.jpg

@ Goobi

My first PC was a P3 1GHz which my parents bought me, I never used to brag about it.

My current PC I bought myself, using the part time money I earned while designing, after selling my old P3 PC 2nd hand. And hell yeah I used to brag about it & my GFX card.....khud ki kamayi thi :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what the hel u do to the flawless best os in the world

ps: the restart thing ... bugged me when i had my gfx card problem when i installed os x the first time

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
from 4.8 to 4.9?

well i was browsing through some sites and every 1 said if theres no porblem with 4.8 dont update to 4.9 coz then u will have problems :D

goobimama

 Macboy
First of all, you cannot complain about the OS not working when you aren't even using Apple Hardware... I have never got a kernel panic till now, though I've read about it...

However, when there's a "real big problem" such as a disk crash, during bootup, the Apple logo in the white background flashes a "Finder icon"....it happened when my iBook HDD crapped out...

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ hey, nobody is blaiming Apple here. Chill...I bash Apple when they deserve it, Right now I am bashing my luck. :D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
gx_saurav said:
My current PC I bought myself, using the part time money I earned while designing, And hell yeah I used to brag about it & my GFX card.....khud ki kamayi thi :D
Sorry totally off topic here. I have certain US as well as genuine Indian clients ( Both are personally connected ..so no Business there ;-) from my angle)( and i am not flooding spam either.)I genuinely need a good designer who can work part time on assignment basis.Yes the payments are good.Let me know.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom