Win 7 OS for students?

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
8gb nice ,
for ur info : if u dont need aero , wmp then u can skilp desktop experience Feature
u can just install media player like VLC/wmpc etc
Ya but anyways I can't use Aero as it's disabled. After enabling the desktop effects the disk space has just risen to 8.5 GB, nothing more... :)

Last edited:

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya but anyways I can't use Aero as it's disabled. After enabling the desktop effects the disk space has just risen to 8.5 GB, nothing more... :)

Very happy to see your Windows 2008 install. :-D

If you have install the DESKTOP EXPERIENCE then please post a screenshot of your desktop with AERO enabled.

Would love to see your desktop with AERO!!

If you like to convert then use this tricks for your version of windows : *www.win2008workstation.com/

Last edited:

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Very happy to see your Windows 2008 install. :-D

If you have install the DESKTOP EXPERIENCE then please post a screenshot of your desktop with AERO enabled.

Would love to see your desktop with AERO!!

If you like to convert then use this tricks for your version of windows : Convert your Windows Server 2008 to a Workstation!
Yes. I customised it from win2008workstation.com only.

*img689.imageshack.us/img689/1677/server20083.jpg

Also I did a trick. To use the software that work both in XP and Server 2k8 [I have dual OS],for eg Firefox, I just went to the Firefox's program files in XP, and then created a shortcut on my desktop. So no need to install it! Isn't it good?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
N drive. lol

Install SP2 btw, if you haven't already. It has some important security updates plus it improved performance, at least for me.

Tech&ME

Banned
N drive. lol

Install SP2 btw, if you haven't already. It has some important security updates plus it improved performance, at least for me.

^^ yes I agree.

He has two windows on his computer ---- windows XP and Windows 2008.
I think windows xp is in C: drive but still N: ? is little confusing ?

And he don't wants to download the updates as of now. I think his internet connection limitation is the factor.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
N drive. lol
Okay. Thanks!
^^ yes I agree.
He has two windows on his computer ---- windows XP and Windows 2008.
I think windows xp is in C: drive but still N: ? is little confusing ?
N: because previously it contained all my files (my name started with N, so I kept it that way). Then I installed Server on that drive. Will rename it later...
And he don't wants to download the updates as of now. I think his internet connection limitation is the factor.
Yes. It would take me 3-4 hours to download just SP2, and I'm not going to waste my time on that. :)
Want to enjoy and explore my new OS as of now...

sygeek

Technomancer
Just got Dreamspark free by using my brother's .edu email id. Will try Windows Server 2008 soon.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh... come on.. you all are now just making fun of those who don't have a .edu ID... :( Even though I am a student, of MCA from IGNOU! :duh2:

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
@ vinnet369: Contact the DreamSpark team and request them for a registration. Even though I didn't have an edu. ID, I sent them an email and they provided me with a link with which I was able to register. :)
*support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1333&WS=DreamSparkHS

Tech&ME

Banned
Oh... come on.. you all are now just making fun of those who don't have a .edu ID... :( Even though I am a student, of MCA from IGNOU! :duh2:

If you are seriously interested in getting the DreamSpark softwares then do the following:

1. Send them an email as @nisargshah95 has suggested.

If in case you do not get the permission from DreamSpark then:

2. then Send me a PM.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Ok.. Thanks for the advices. I just send them the request to get me verified with the help of my university! :-D

Hoping for a positive reply.
Will post as soon as I get a response! :Fingerx:

Edit: I'm getting a little excited, and feeling some goosebumps. Is it a good sign! :))

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
^^ Ok.. Thanks for the advices. I just send them the request to get me verified with the help of my university! :-D
Hoping for a positive reply.
Will post as soon as I get a response! :Fingerx:
Edit: I'm getting a little excited, and feeling some goosebumps. Is it a good sign! :))
You shouldn't. Even I didn't. They'll send you a mail along with a link to register yourself. Don't feel goosebumps. It's not worth it (registering, not the OS :p).

Rajesh345

Youngling
@ vinnet369: Contact the DreamSpark team and request them for a registration. Even though I didn't have an edu. ID, I sent them an email and they provided me with a link with which I was able to register. :)
*support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1333&WS=DreamSparkHS

:p thank u for direct link , i 2 mailed and now i got replay with verification Code

Thank you vm

"Congratulations!
Your academic status has been successfully verified with us! You may now begin downloading software products from this site. "

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@nisargshah95:
DreamSpark service is an Excellent one. I had got the reply the next day, I send them the mail! And Now I am verified! And can download any software I want!!!
:bananana: :bananana: :bananana:

Thanks nisargshah95 for the suggestion!
Now I will download, Windows Server 2008 R2, in an attempt to make my own Genuine Win 7 !!! :))

Last edited:
Top Bottom