Will Wii u meet the same fate of Sega Dreamcast

Will Wii u meet the same fate of Sega Dreamcast

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
look who's talking. :rolleyes: contradictions and your statements could make a thread together

and there is nothing wrong with that statement, even if I am to go by the stats you provided from god knows where. Sony put a staggering 1 billion pounds in the development of the ps3 not to mention first party studios and development of services like psn

Sony took a great risk with a great product and the effort paid off, unlike Nintendo sitting with billions in their banks and still not accepting Wiius fate.

sometimes we have to accept fate

That doesn't mean they didn't make a loss in 2007. Which you said they didn't and then tried to dismiss...

heidi2521

Padawan
look who's talking. :rolleyes: contradictions and your statements could make a thread together

and there is nothing wrong with that statement, even if I am to go by the stats you provided from god knows where. Sony put a staggering 1 billion pounds in the development of the ps3 not to mention first party studios and development of services like psn

Sony took a great risk with a great product and the effort paid off, unlike Nintendo sitting with billions in their banks and still not accepting Wiius fate.

sometimes we have to accept fate

Point the contradictions out.

Source for his claims:

Sony Global - Historical Data

I'm not sure how how much Sony put into the PS3 is relevant.

Expansion of internal studios, contracting external studios ironing out the Wii U's OS, developing games for it and planning a massive push on it once their games start flowing (in August) is not just sitting with billions in their banks and not accepting Wii U's fate.

And by 'accept fate' do you mean Nintendo should go third party and say "**** the Wii U" and abandon the console damaging their consumer reputation, investor reputation and any and all confidence in the company it has built up over decades along with wasting billions of dollars in R&D, production and unreleased games and result in the fracturing of their internal structure and developers fleeing en masse? If that is what you mean then Sony can 'accept the Vita's fate' and abandon it and start making games for the 3DS.

Nintendo's long burn strategy ensures that they will not go out of business easily. SM:S sold over 5.5 - 6 mn and SSBM ~7mn on a console with a tiny user base like the Gamecube. Most titles can only dream of such sales on a much larger user base.

yes, when the new Xbox and PlayStation are just around the corner

I don't see how the next Xbox and Play$tation automatically doom the Wii U. Nintendo franchises have massive selling power which M$ony's aren't even close to rivalling. If the rumours are true and they do have a blitzkrieg of games coming starting with Pikmin 3, then they will be able to get enough of a user base to sustain the console for quite some time.

I found a tool which can predict your position no matter what:

*i.minus.com/iFxlRgFpLGJtZ.gif

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Nyet. But it can build enough momentum to survive by then. My point is that they won't automatically doom the console, especially if it has a decent library of awesome titles by then and is sold at a lower price.

stuff in bold is what matters.
i dont think ppl will buy $699 PS4

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Point the contradictions out.

Source for his claims:

Sony Global - Historical Data

I'm not sure how how much Sony put into the PS3 is relevant.

Expansion of internal studios, contracting external studios ironing out the Wii U's OS, developing games for it and planning a massive push on it once their games start flowing (in August) is not just sitting with billions in their banks and not accepting Wii U's fate.

And by 'accept fate' do you mean Nintendo should go third party and say "**** the Wii U" and abandon the console damaging their consumer reputation, investor reputation and any and all confidence in the company it has built up over decades along with wasting billions of dollars in R&D, production and unreleased games and result in the fracturing of their internal structure and developers fleeing en masse? If that is what you mean then Sony can 'accept the Vita's fate' and abandon it and start making games for the 3DS.

Nintendo's long burn strategy ensures that they will not go out of business easily. SM:S sold over 5.5 - 6 mn and SSBM ~7mn on a console with a tiny user base like the Gamecube. Most titles can only dream of such sales on a much larger user base.

I don't see how the next Xbox and Play$tation automatically doom the Wii U. Nintendo franchises have massive selling power which M$ony's aren't even close to rivalling. If the rumours are true and they do have a blitzkrieg of games coming starting with Pikmin 3, then they will be able to get enough of a user base to sustain the console for quite some time.

I found a tool which can predict your position no matter what:

*i.minus.com/iFxlRgFpLGJtZ.gif

how much Sony put into the ps3 is definitely relevant, because Sony does not only make gaming consoles

you know, all third party devs are abandoning Wii u, and Nintendo wont be able to push alone on first party games.

the console has already been hacked. Nintendo makes its profit on software sales and not hardware

you are the only one boiling about the ps vita :lol:

stuff in bold is what matters.
i dont think ppl will buy $699 PS4

you can stop trolling now

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
how much Sony put into the ps3 is definitely relevant, because Sony does not only make gaming consoles

you know, all third party devs are abandoning Wii u, and Nintendo wont be able to push alone on first party games.

the console has already been hacked. Nintendo makes its profit on software sales and not hardware

If how much sony put into PS3 is relevant, then you should not forget that their other divisions are not as profitable as the Playstation division. And your claim that the Wii U is being abandoned is factually incorrect. The console hasnt been hacked to a stage where pirated games will work. All they have been able to do is back up data. Besides they need a modchip. A software hack hasn't happened yet. Xbox 360 got its own modchips as early as 2006. And then nintendo sells the 3DS at a profit.

How is shawnzer trolling?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
it has been hacked, games have been dumped

I never said that Sony did or did not make a loss

thread is about wiiu!

Really? Then what does that mean?
NoasArcAngel said:
Check the financial stats for that year for SONY.

Bold and italics added by me.

EDIT: And are those dumped games playable (yet)? NO!

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan

DYK: EA is the only major publisher who had pledged support for the Wii U that abandoned it.

Publishers with whom Nintendo has had good relations like Namco and Sega are still supportive of the Wii U. I seriously doubt that the DS(NSMB, Pokemon, Nintendogs), 3DS(SM3DL, MK, AC:NL), Wii(Wii Sports, TLoZ:TP), Gameboy(Pokemon, Tetris), Gameboy Advance(Pokemon), NES(SMB), SNES(SMK, SMW, DKC) were pushed on third party games. This thread is not about being massively successful but about being Dreamcasted. Nintendo FP is strong enough to prevent that.

We have just seen dumped games until now. No piracy yet. It being a modchip means that it will be inaccessible to >90%
of console owners. and chances are that the Wii U OS can simply be patched to render it useless. An Initial blockade changing the key and a second update to patch the exploit will be enough.

I was simply pointing out the flaw in your logic by using the PS Vita as an example. I am not boiling over it.

it has been hacked, games have been dumped

I never said that Sony did or did not make a loss

thread is about wiiu!

DYK: The Wii U does not exist in a vacuum.

dude that is my point.people will slowly buy the cheap $350 Wii U rather than an Overpriced PS4

I see. I doubt that Sony will repeat the "599 US Dollars" mistake this time round but Nintendo can counter it by bundling an system selling game with the Wii U along with the Nintendo Land bundle and by releasing special editions of the console.

I know I'll buy a second one (for my office) if they release a special The Legend of Zelda edition :)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
DYK: EA is the only major publisher who had pledged support for the Wii U that abandoned it.

Publishers with whom Nintendo has had good relations like Namco and Sega are still supportive of the Wii U. I seriously doubt that the DS(NSMB, Pokemon, Nintendogs), 3DS(SM3DL, MK, AC:NL), Wii(Wii Sports, TLoZ:TP), Gameboy(Pokemon, Tetris), Gameboy Advance(Pokemon), NES(SMB), SNES(SMK, SMW, DKC) were pushed on third party games. This thread is not about being massively successful but about being Dreamcasted. Nintendo FP is strong enough to prevent that.

We have just seen dumped games until now. No piracy yet. It being a modchip means that it will be inaccessible to >90%
of console owners. and chances are that the Wii U OS can simply be patched to render it useless. An Initial blockade changing the key and a second update to patch the exploit will be enough.

I was simply pointing out the flaw in your logic by using the PS Vita as an example. I am not boiling over it.

DYK: The Wii U does not exist in a vacuum.

I see. I doubt that Sony will repeat the "599 US Dollars" mistake this time round but Nintendo can counter it by bundling an system selling game with the Wii U along with the Nintendo Land bundle and by releasing special editions of the console.

I know I'll buy a second one (for my office) if they release a special The Legend of Zelda edition :)

ea has gone rest will follow. Nintendo fp milking franchises since 20 years. give it a break

are you a hardware hacker? no right! don't say anything about hacks then

you replying again and again only shows your... can't put this in a polite way

Really? Then what does that mean?

Bold and italics added by me.

EDIT: And are those dumped games playable (yet)? NO!

it means Sony had no intention of bailing oit the ps3

nice editing, you are an editor of a magazine or something?

time is all we need

heidi2521

Padawan
ea has gone rest will follow. Nintendo fp milking franchises since 20 years. give it a break

are you a hardware hacker? no right! don't say anything about hacks then

you replying again and again only shows your... can't put this in a polite way

it means Sony had no intention of bailing oit the ps3

nice editing, you are an editor of a magazine or something?

time is all we need

Abandoning implies having pledged major support in the first place. Namco pledged support, they will stay on. You don't loan out an internal studio to a third party and give them one of your biggest franchises without any reciprocal support. Sega pledged support and they are still on. They say that they have fantastic new developments for the Wii U. Ubisoft grew up on Nintendo platforms(the Wii) so they will stay on. Activision is still on.

[citation needed] on Nintendo milking first party franchises for 30 years. BTW, this point is irrelevant. The point is that they still sell extremely well.

Are you a console maker? Don't say anything about consoles then.

Are you a movie maker? Don't say anything about movies then.

Are you a musical artist? Don't say anything about music then.

Are you a video game developer? Don't say anything about video games then.

You could look up a dictionary/thesaurus to find a way of expressing your opinions politely.

Anybody who comprehends english can see it did not mean that.

Sony had NO INTENTION OF BAILING OUT THE PS3?!

Excuse me, but what planet are you living on? Sony did a lot including a redesign, price drop, rebranding effort, marketing push, getting exclusives, pushing FP games and more to bail the PS3 out on Earth atleast.

His editing is absolutely fine. He added an additional point and clearly demarcated it so that it would lead to no confusion.

FYI Magazine editors check, change and remove content, not add them before publication, not after.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Abandoning implies having pledged major support in the first place. Namco pledged support, they will stay on. You don't loan out an internal studio to a third party and give them one of your biggest franchises without any reciprocal support.

[citation needed] on Nintendo milking first party franchises for 30 years. BTW, this point is irrelevant. The point is that they still sell extremely well.

Are you a console maker? Don't say anything about consoles then.

Are you a movie maker? Don't say anything about movies then.

Are you a musical artist? Don't say anything about music then.

Are you a video game developer? Don't say anything about video games then.

You could look up a dictionary/thesaurus to find a way of expressing your opinions politely.

Anybody who comprehends english can see it did not mean that.

Sony had NO INTENTION OF BAILING OUT THE PS3?!

Excuse me, but what planet are you living on? Sony did a lot including a redesign, price drop, rebranding effort, marketing push, getting exclusives, pushing FP games and more to bail the PS3 out on Earth atleast.

His editing is absolutely fine. He added an additional point and clearly demarcated it so that it would lead to no confusion.

FYI Magazine editors check, change and remove content, not add them before publication, not after.

first of all dude stop shouting.

third party support and wii-u? still living in nintendoland?

I am not a video game developer, but i have played more games than you, and owned more consoles than you to know what the trend is. Dont even get me started on hardware mods. From pandoras battery to softmodding the psp and mods for jtagged x360 and ps2 been there done it all.

So i was right, you work for a publishing house.

No console could survive that generation without the exclusives, as far as price drop is concerned the ps3 hardware - cbe and the blu ray disc drives got cheaper so why not share the profit with the consumer?

redesign? of the ps3? You mean different SKU's Look up the technical lingo before making statements in that "Matter of fact voice"

EDIT:

nintendo milking out the fp franchise for 3 decades is totally relevant because the drop is sales and market capitalization by others have already started showing and this is only getting worse.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
nintendo milking out the fp franchise for 3 decades is totally relevant because the drop is sales and market capitalization by others have already started showing and this is only getting worse.

Absolutely seconded. Enough milking. Even i don't see any third party support for the soon to be doomed console. Ninty is so frustrated now, that its considering price drops to draw the European crowd.

Wii U Price Drops Lower Than Ever - Cheat Code Central

North America also received a drop albeit a lower one.

Wii U Price Dips In North America - Cheat Code Central

Price drops, this early in a console's lifecycle are definitely not good signs.

heidi2521

Padawan
first of all dude stop shouting.

third party support and wii-u? still living in nintendoland?

I am not a video game developer, but i have played more games than you, and owned more consoles than you to know what the trend is. Dont even get me started on hardware mods. From pandoras battery to softmodding the psp and mods for jtagged x360 and ps2 been there done it all.

So i was right, you work for a publishing house.

No console could survive that generation without the exclusives, as far as price drop is concerned the ps3 hardware - cbe and the blu ray disc drives got cheaper so why not share the profit with the consumer?

redesign? of the ps3? You mean different SKU's Look up the technical lingo before making statements in that "Matter of fact voice"

EDIT:

I am not shouting. I was just applying extreme emphasis on that portion of the statement.

A list of upcoming 3rd party games on the Wii U(not including indies, off the top of my head):

Resident Evil: Revelations Unveiled Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut
Project CARS
LEGO Marvel Superheroes
Lego Batman 2
Assassins Creed: Black Flag
Watch: Dogs
Rayman Legends
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Project Phoenix
Skylanders Swap Force
Disney Infinity
Sacrilegium
Arkham Origins

No console could survive with exclusives, thats why Sony tried and got them in an effort to bail out the PS3.

The price of the Cell and Blu-ray drive did not drop by $200 in that amount of time. They cost a little more than that to manufacture(in total) in the first place.

The PS3 did get a redesign, not just new SKUs to help push it.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3_Slim#Slim_model

If this does not count as a redesign, then nothing does.

Whether you are a hardware hacker or not and the number of consoles you've owned and the number of games you have played is irrelevant. My point was that it is stupid to ask a person not to comment on hardware hacks just because he is not one himself.

And how does playing video games and owning consoles even let you know what the industry trends are? And if you really are a hardware hacker then you will know that it is something that >90% of consumers can't/won't do, even for solder free ones.

Valve's employees have the freedom to choose which project they work on. I work at Valve confirmed.

Name one Nintendo franchise that is being milked and prove it. The games from those franchises are still selling bloody well.

Look up the facts before you reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom