Why Torrent & crack is illegal in Thinkdigit Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
agree with you fully. Indian devs need our support and we should give them.
wut ? :oops:

Indie = Independent developers (not associated with biggies like EA, activision for promotion). World of Goo for example.

Same thing goes for Post-Rock artists, most of them are not associated with major labels. And the music is totally awesome. Explosions in the Sky is a good example.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys we are again moving to a situation where threads start to get locked. Let us not point-out at individual members, and/or make fun of situations and posting styles. If someone has a problem with a post, please report it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^
DRM:
You cant copy and distribute any songs (or Movie), that you buy from a store. Simple.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Sorry for offtopic, but if I use stream, will steam "download the game" to my computer or will just create game setting on my computer and the game files will be on stream server?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for offtopic, but if I use stream, will steam "download the game" to my computer or will just create game setting on my computer and the game files will be on stream server?
Steam will download the game on your computer but would require you to log-in and play. Offline mode also exists though. You can take back-ups for your convenience so that you don't have to download over and over again.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
so if i buy a steam game(say mafia 2) each time i will play the game will be downloaded over and overy again for multiple sessions? Pretty unpractical

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
so if i buy a steam game(say mafia 2) each time i will play the game will be downloaded over and overy again for multiple sessions? Pretty unpractical
err, it won't be downloaded "over and over again." You just download it the "first time" or if you "don't have it on that machine."

noob

Cyborg Agent
Yup! What I wrote is what I observe happening. Is it right or wrong is a different matter altogether.

Windows 7 Ultimate is available for 11k. How many of you'll buy it rather than getting the latest Graphics card which is available in the same price ?

dude..i got windows 7 for 6800 INR.
I will post the entire story soon :)

rajeevk

Journeyman
Piracy is a crime.
And if this forum is anyway participating in piracy then it will become violation of the rules so better we keep distance from that.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Piracy is a crime.
And if this forum is anyway participating in piracy then it will become violation of the rules so better we keep distance from that.

LOL.... This thread is to discuss about that and that doesn't mean that forum is involving in piracy. So stop acting like you are not a p1rate and stick to the topic.

No offense meant buddy.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Piracy is a crime.
Read the forum rules and the title of this thread. Also, the OP's question.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
The ignorant people will remain ignorant. A subset of them *might* ditch piracy but the world can't change with just a single thread.

Sarath

iDota
No one cares about piracy in our country. Piracy is bad but so is the pricing. I cant understand why do we have to pay the same for software for non commercial use as in US and Europe. The prices are not adjusted and very absurd. I still cant explain to my Dad why the PS3 games cost Rs.3500 (thats fro Black Ops) so i save up for the games since he would never buy more than a few.

My friends get their games from US and UK since its cheaper there which is not contributing to our economy. I think there should be a price revision and awareness about the ill effects of piracy.

For gaming windows is the only way. There is just no alternative.

I really appreciate what Moser Baer has tried to do with cataloging movies into smaller price brackets Rs.35-60 which makes sense especially for old movies.

I dont buy the pirate has a family thrash (no offence bro) since the same goes for drug peddlers and human traffickers. Although a crime on a totally different scale but still the same in essence. Everyones got families thats no excuse to do something illegal.

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Exactly. You want to pirate games? Okay do it - your own wish, although you shouldn't.

But IF you are pirating Indie games and softwares by independent developers, you are among the biggest a$$holes ever born.
I only download pirated versions of softwares I find costly. I often buy cheap, simple and powerful softwares instead of pirating it.
If there was no piracy (in case of costly softwares), the people who cannot afford it wouldn't have bought it.
Now there is piracy, people who can't afford it download the cracked costly softwares for free.
Any difference for the company who made it? However, some people use pirated versions of softwares just to save some money (Misers).

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for the costly productivity or animation software, there are usually student versions. why not get those for less than half the price? & for the rest, the open source community is not dead. also theres unlimited free alternate.

what i feel is, a cracked/pirated crap software makes peoples feel it to be better than a better free alternate just cause it was a paid version :neutral:

PS: you'll find a ton of serials for softwares on my PC cause i spend hours daily searching for giveaways (& post the important ones here).

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I only download pirated versions of softwares I find costly. I often buy cheap, simple and powerful softwares instead of pirating it.
If there was no piracy (in case of costly softwares), the people who cannot afford it wouldn't have bought it.
Now there is piracy, people who can't afford it download the cracked costly softwares for free.
Any difference for the company who made it? However, some people use pirated versions of softwares just to save some money (Misers).

This is no justification sorry to say. It is like saying, if I cannot afford an iPhone today, I can go steal it. Big deal to Apple.

Please keep your ethics and morals in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom