Why this 'kolaveri di' crossing the international chart buster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
vaithy came close, cant even begin to explain the brilliance of this song and video lol, uh, its not because he is Rajnikanth's son or whatever nobody cares or knows lol, or hype or something, stuff that goes viral liek this or that nobody can cross it thing... it happens because the time for that idea has come, and such outrageous fame is inevitable then, it will just keep growing for a short time... this is so addictive watched it like 20 times back to back, cudnt stop... "god Im dying now, she is happy howwu" lol hmm has a whole ton of other funny things including like 10 different styles of the infamous indian head bob

also too many people are obsessed with how perfect the instrumentation, the voice and the technicalities of the song is, this video is proof that some music can just focus more on the song writing and composition aspect, and still outshine technically brilliant music

+1 ..

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
kolavari minz getting pleasure by mentally torturing others, and di is the colloquial word for girl or chick

doomgiver

Warframe
wats the big deal abt this song? i am not gonna listen it...its overhype and creating publicity for the movie i guess.
its made by your average bathroom singer for your average village buffoon.

I am marathi guy..i dont understand even a single Tamil word. The reason i liked this song is the way words are pronounced , it feels good and funny to my ears..same goes in "why people in US UK loves Daler Mehndi's Tunak Tunak tun song"

However, most of my tamil friends did not liked this song :)
well, these white guys also make fun of us, and call us brownies and other nasty stuff. like we laugh at the s#itstorm that is nicki minaj/gaga/hilton.

dont take the high no. of hits as a good sign. next time an indian gets attacked in Australia, this song will be played in the background.

Honestly, it sounded like crap.
oddly, i agree with you on this one.

Considering he is now son-in-law of The Rajinikanth, this was bound to happen. Don't you people get it? :p
lol, rajnikanth, lol

apart form the nice and funny lyrics...loved the music a lot....awesome!!!
what music?

tl;dr : song is not worth the attention it is receiving right now.

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Actually, it is not the song, but the critics, and music purists, drove the song popularity in the initial stage..
here what the other peoples,(definately not idiotic types, says:

" Kolaveri di...definitely the sleeper song blockbuster of the year!!! Rock on Dhanush!!!," tweeted Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar.

Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan tweeted: "Just heard #Kolaveri after much talk on it... it's so original and catchy...congrats Dhanush and Aishwarya (Rajni's daughter).. love"

The composer of the song, 18-year-old Anirudh, is unable to explain the phenomenon it has become, saying: "It's probably because of the funny, broken English and some amount of musicality, but I cannot really explain beyond a point."
"Such is the effect of the song that strangely my two-and-a-half-month-old son slept listening to 'Kolaveri Di'," said Janice Goveas, a Mumbai-based professional said.

*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/10869803.cms

Dhanush him self said he has bad voice

We just made a humble song with simple lyrics with a bad voice, which is mine. We wanted the song to sound as if a drunkard was singing it and we just recorded it. I had a feeling that it would become a hit with the youngsters of Tamil Nadu but never had I imagined that it would become such a global rage.

*www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_kolaveri-superstar-dhanush-thinks-he-has-a-bad-voice_1617208

Krow

Crowman
The song is fine really. At least some Indian music is going viral all over. Much better than all the pop artists crap we get bombarded with on VH1.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Currently it has around 5.4 million hits on youtube and counting. Liked the song with it's rythym.

Why This Kolaveri Di Full Song Promo Video in HD - YouTube

doomgiver

Warframe
The song is fine really. At least some Indian music is going viral all over. Much better than all the pop artists crap we get bombarded with on VH1.

so you are fine with tons of cr@p going viral, just because its "yindan"???

you are ok with a talentless yindan muttering something in a mic, and selling it on the basis of his relative's name?

then you must be ok with monarchy, nepotism and all those crappy actors who are the spawn of yesterday's megastars?

Krow

Crowman
so you are fine with tons of cr@p going viral, just because its "yindan"???

you are ok with a talentless yindan muttering something in a mic, and selling it on the basis of his relative's name?

then you must be ok with monarchy, nepotism and all those crappy actors who are the spawn of yesterday's megastars?
I would have posted the same thing around 10 years ago. hopefully you will see soon enough that music does not need to be technically brilliant to be good. I could explain this to you patiently all day but I have better things to do than fall to flamebaiters on forums. :p

Just trying to say to each his own. I didn't mock you or question you because you didn't like the song, I hope you can do the same with respect to all those who like it. Thanks.

iinfi

mekalodu
the song is ok ... if u v lived in Chennai for a long time... it will bring a smile to ur face .... 5 million hits on youtube? ... amazes me ... :) strong bunch of (social) people liking it and power of social networking may be ;)

Sarath

iDota
Well atleast this is better than that lame english song about greece party scene. Not linking or mentioning the song name as I don't want to be the one who wasted a few mins of your life and put you through mental torture.

Nice song btw :p

Soup song LOL...WT@

doomgiver

Warframe
I would have posted the same thing around 10 years ago. hopefully you will see soon enough that music does not need to be technically brilliant to be good. I could explain this to you patiently all day but I have better things to do than fall to flamebaiters on forums. :p

Just trying to say to each his own. I didn't mock you or question you because you didn't like the song, I hope you can do the same with respect to all those who like it. Thanks.

i like to listen to good music, and this colavery sounds just wrong. also, i really dont like lyrics in my music, so i usually listen to electronica, trance, orchestral music and instrumental solos. lyrics ruin music, imho, and this song is all lyrics

thanks for calling me a flamebaiter :p

rsk11584

Journeyman
hahaha just came to know about this song i know tamil but did not find this song interesting seems just the HERD INSTINCT and how mentality of people is affected by rumours etc etc,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom