Why this 'kolaveri di' crossing the international chart buster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubusam13

Human
I didnt heard about it from rumors... I didnt heard about it at all... I just got it on utube and you know what "I LIKE IT". Mostly because its something "haad ke". And the english and the beats... ha ha. It can surely refresh you mind when you are tensed.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
hahaha just came to know about this song i know tamil but did not find this song interesting seems just the HERD INSTINCT and how mentality of people is affected by rumours etc etc,,,
Going out of your way to stay out of the herd is also a herd instinct. You either like something or you don't.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ringtone for this part:
Pa pa pa ppaan- Pa pa pa ppan-Pa pa pa ppaan pa pa ppan

Godzilla

Right off the assembly line
I dunno why people listen to that song. It has no meaning,no soul...it isn't music.:crazy::crazy:

I'm not a big fan of tamil and malayalm media.....:))

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Its just overrated, like the Nyan cat video. I don't think this song will get as many hits as Nyan cat.

Krow

Crowman
i like to listen to good music, and this colavery sounds just wrong. also, i really dont like lyrics in my music, so i usually listen to electronica, trance, orchestral music and instrumental solos. lyrics ruin music, imho, and this song is all lyrics

If you don't like lyrics then that is just you. Why would you want to post how bad this song is again and again when you have a problem with lyrics in general? :)

Lyrics have been a major part of some of the world's greatest music. When your opinion of the world becomes a little less black and white, you will see that.

doomgiver

Warframe
If you don't like lyrics then that is just you. Why would you want to post how bad this song is again and again when you have a problem with lyrics in general? :)

Lyrics have been a major part of some of the world's greatest music. When your opinion of the world becomes a little less black and white, you will see that.

yea, its a balance.
but lyrics ruin this song.

i hope i dont start seeing shades of grey

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
When we see a beautiful scene or when we listen to a melodious music
though we may apparently be cheerful, suddenly our mind sinks into a melancholic mood! (What can be its cause?)
The sweetness of the scene or the song brings back to the memory from the sub-conscious planes of our mind
all those sweet moments of the past (even from the previous births) which have been lost forever!”---(kalidasa)
My Tamil friends here will agree,
Can we compare any such song with .’ Malarnthum Malaratha”-One of the most melodious songs in Tamil which really gives most of the old timers wonderful nostalgic memories…This number from the movie “Pasamalar” had lyrics written by the legendary lyricist Kannadasan, composed by Viswanathan-Ramamurthi and sung by T M Sounderarajan and P Susheela…AND THE ever green greatest actor/Sivaji Ganesan, whose expression you seen on the screen evoke tears in the theatre, and even to day whenever this classic film released it always for ‘ladies only’ (Men have no stomach to cry publicly)
I have not sided with anyone, both who liked and disliked.. but you must admit this song affect both groups, thus they who disliked, come again and again give the excuse why they disliked, Some thing in this song which draw like magnet, I simply want to analyse what it is?
Here, what is the situation”, A drunken, semi-illiterate, youth bashing his girl, who rejected him; is the theme..There are thousands of films songs with this theme already there in pure classical form. But , only one song, this one, stand apart..only two words are Tamil others are random words from English and Tamil with mixed.. So it didn’t even called as ‘Lyrics’.. we may call it a dialogue..
Somehow, the ‘average semi illiterate American-black,’ some where in Newyork sub-urb, recognize this song as his own, He may conjure the meaning of”kolaveri di’ from the other English words,such as, White U GirlU, Black U Heart U..Lovuu,’ it was the same story from Japan, Malaysia, china..
They like not because of its ‘Music’.. But because they believe, the words in the songs are there own…
For the past week I read almost all the 60,000 comments appeared in the comments page and try to understand, so many time I have to log in and log out.. whether google count it single visit or separate visit
Many of the youth from various countries identify, it is their story…
So I concluded, Both who like this (song) and dislike this are having valid reasons..
-vaithy

Reactions: ico

Anish

Spectre
Newyork sub-urb, recognize this song as his own, He may conjure the meaning of”kolaveri di’ from the other English words,such as, White U GirlU, Black U Heart U..Lovuu,’ it was the same story from Japan, Malaysia, china..
They like not because of its ‘Music’.. But because they believe, the words in the songs are there own…
True.
I never got the feel of hearing a english song while hearing it. It sounds tamil to me.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Heard this song finally....
I heard it 10times @night...really kept me hooked up...

the lyrics is broken & meaningless but the rhythm & music tune creates a melody in ear...

its a SOUP song...FLOP song

rajeevk

Journeyman
I really liked the song but I can't understand the lyrics. Dhanush has also said in an interview that the song is a nonsense but still people are liking it as the song is catchy and original. Right now it has more than 9 million hits on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom