Why do reputed companies like Airtel treat customers like fools?

SahilAr

In the zone
Their CC is sh$$. All the SPs are like that. Voda, Idea, Tata Photon. They think we are fools, and meeting their reps at their outlets is pure harassment. They act like government officials and make things painful, and never give advise and solutions. Basically useless.

You forgot to mention the "Giant Idiots"
1.BSNL
2.MTNL
3.Reliance
These are the top pathetic/worst ever Isps in terms of CC..They suck in cC very badly:twisted:

Well, I don't have any problems with BSNL, their telephone exchange is just a stone's throw away from my house, so if any problem arises ( there hasn't been any disconnection since the last 3 years) I can easily go and complain.. :p

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
1.BSNL
2.MTNL
3.Reliance
These are the top pathetic/worst ever Isps in terms of CC..They suck in cC very badly:twisted:
BSNL and MTNL both are really annoying. 7+ disconnections a day(My record is 7 disconnections in 1 hour).

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
2.MTNL

Well, at least I get "TRUE UNLIMITED" in the case of MTNL!! :lol:

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
I want to post an update as to what happened.

It has now been months since my initial complaints. NONE OF THE ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED.

Here are the people I have contacted

1)Airtel support(via email and phone) - They are simply retarded and fail to understand the issue.

2)Contacted @airtel_presence -- Two people contacted me from here 1)anoop 2)arpit dixit. Both of them seem to understand the issue but NEITHER of them does anything about it. Each time they will say that something has been done but there is NO effect of this.

3)Mailed the nodal authority. No reply in 3 months.

The problem btw has now increased. I DO NOT RECEIVE MY BILLS until I request for duplicated every month. I would gladly pay online but as my email ID is wrongly entered I do not receive it. So each month I need to request for duplicate bills in order to pay then. Also as my phone number is wrong I dont reveive any alerts.

So I need help with two things.

1) How do I go about filing a consumer complaint against them and making sure that some action is taken.

2) Please suggest some alternative broadband and phone plan in Koramangala Bangalore Area.

Renny

Padawan
Majority of internet users don't even know the difference between bits and bytes, my friend believes his BSNL connection is 100Mbps and fiercely sticks to this assumption :D

So with people like this ISPs are sure to milk customers and take them for a ride, the % of aware users are indeed very small.

Hrishi

Majority of internet users don't even know the difference between bits and bytes, my friend believes his BSNL connection is 100Mbps and fiercely sticks to this assumption :D

So with people like this ISPs are sure to milk customers and take them for a ride, the % of aware users are indeed very small.

There are people out there having GBE NIC and GBE Modem, I wonder what they believe of. haha :p

fiercely sticks to this assumption
hahaha :p lolz

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I want to post an update as to what happened.

It has now been months since my initial complaints. NONE OF THE ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED.

Here are the people I have contacted

1)Airtel support(via email and phone) - They are simply retarded and fail to understand the issue.

2)Contacted @airtel_presence -- Two people contacted me from here 1)anoop 2)arpit dixit. Both of them seem to understand the issue but NEITHER of them does anything about it. Each time they will say that something has been done but there is NO effect of this.

3)Mailed the nodal authority. No reply in 3 months.

The problem btw has now increased. I DO NOT RECEIVE MY BILLS until I request for duplicated every month. I would gladly pay online but as my email ID is wrongly entered I do not receive it. So each month I need to request for duplicate bills in order to pay then. Also as my phone number is wrong I dont reveive any alerts.

So I need help with two things.

1) How do I go about filing a consumer complaint against them and making sure that some action is taken.

2) Please suggest some alternative broadband and phone plan in Koramangala Bangalore Area.

Try complaining at akosha.com( File your feedback & complaints against Bharti Airtel - Telecom/internet service provider consumer Forum. ). Heard that they're quite good.

Flash

Lost in speed
If you are in twitter and airtel has a twitter handle, just go on and tweet your frustration/complaint whatever publicly. These companies care more for their brand name, than their customers.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
I have tweeted and they have tried to solve the problem. Always they look at it superficially and all they care about is closing the ticket. The solutions they provide have not worked. There is clearly some bug in their retarded system but they refuse to look at it seriously

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
This is the kind of useless boilerplate replies I get from the all powerful appelate authority. I have submitted for disconnection of my connection. My recommendation. Do not do business with such rubbish companies. In 4 months my issues havent got solved. Government offices are better.

MAIL convos
---------------
This is the exact problem that I have talked about and you have repeated it again. Everytime I get in touch with someone all you guys do is provide a complaint number and do the same old set of steps. Nothing gets resolved and the complaint gets closed. The actual request the customer sends is NEVER looked into or replied.

19690642 - this compliant was registered some time back, I received a mail from your people saying the bill has been dispatched overnight. I havent recieved it. What is the point of mentioning the ticket again. I have talked about this problem from past 3 months. What has happened? Nothing. Each time you people open and close a new ticket and send a new bill copy.

Answer this question : WHY AM I FACING THIS BILL PROBLEM EVERY MONTH?? Please call me on *** if you do not understand the question.

20263848 - I already have a complaint number. THe problem here is not with you registering the complain. The problem is with what kind of action is taken after the complaint is registered. Your support staff is extremely incompetent and uncoordinated. They do not understand the problem itself . As long as connection is running at the present monent they will close the case, and not look into why there are frequent disconnections.

I did not expect this kind of replies from appelate authority.
I will repeat this for one last time. Nobody is looking into solving the issue. Each time to get bill I have to contact you? Each time my internet disconnects I have to contact you? Do you call this a good customer experience?

From: "appellate.southabts@in.airtel.com" <appellate.southabts@in.airtel.com>
To: rambhatm@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, 17 August 2012 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: REGARDING YOUR AIRTEL ACCOUNT NUMBER 7005632004 [|BAL|Qrc217081211082910526154|]

Namaste Mr. Ram,

You wrote in on 17/08/2012 regarding non receipt of bills and internet frequent disconnection for your airtel fixed line account 7005632004.

airtel regrets the inconvenience you have experienced.

We have already registered your complaint regarding non receipt of hard copy bill. Your Reference number is 19690642 and it is under process. Our executive from relevant team will get in touch with the status at the earliest.

Also, we have registered your complaint regarding internet frequent disconnection. Your Reference number is 20263848. The issue will be resolved within 19/08/2012, 1:00 PM.

airtel appreciates your business and always welcomes your suggestions/feedback.

Please do write in for any further assistance.

Please feel free to speak to our call center executive on 121 regarding any query/request and on 198(toll free) for any complaint. You can also email at 121@in.airtel.com.

If it is still unresolved, do get in touch with our Nodal Team with your earlier request or complaint number. You may send an email at nodal.southabts@in.airtel.com or call at 080 41115338 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM ; Monday to Friday.

If you do not receive a satisfactory response from the Nodal Team, you may send an email to the Appellate Authority at appellate.southabts@in.airtel.com or call at 080 41115201 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Monday to Friday. The Appellate would resolve your concern within 30 working days.

Assuring you our best of services
Yours sincerely
Amirtharaj
Appellate Office
Bharti airtel Limited

Your response will help us to enhance your experience with Airtel. Please click on the link below & provide us your valuable feedback on this interaction
Click here to provide feedback
*ispeed.airtel.in/iVoiceFeedback/Se...5365DAAD33556B6DE216E95E12368ABE5117594F979D3 7 8 8 9 B7B9CFF 0 7 5 5 77193F5197399FB 0 2&refno=Qrc217081211082910526154

---------Original Message----------
To: appellate.southabts@in.airtel.com
Cc:
Sent: 17/08/2012 11:11:34 AM
Subject: Re: REGARDING YOUR AIRTEL ACCOUNT NUMBER 7005632004 [|BAL|Qrc214081216084310489905|]

It has now been 3 days since you said bill has been dispatched overnight. I
havent received it. Also in 4 months now i have had to contact you or customer
care each time to get my bill. I had clearly explained to you guys last time
there is some problem with the delivery. And yet you have not done anything to
rectify it. Stop giving nonsense replies about being customer centric
organization when you dont care about the customers complaints. I have already
created posts in consumercomplaints. You are forcing me to take harsher steps
with this kind of behaviour.

Yet another thing i wish to bring to your attention. My connection has been
facing frequent disconnections. I filed a complaint with cc. Somebody called me
and asked when they can send engineer. I clearly said send on saturday as i
wont be at home. Within few hours the engineer called and said he is at my
doorstep. What kind of customer support is this?
Later the evening he called and asked if connection was working. The problem
was not that comnection was working or not but frequent disconnections. He has
not done anything to solve the problem but just closed the ticket.

There is a clear problem with airtel and your support services. Everyone is in
a hurry to close the ticket without solving the issue. My four months with you
guys has been horrible only dueto support. I had previously said i am going to
disconnect my connection. I will do that by end of this month unless none of
the issues are pending and there is an improvement in the way you people handle
customer support.

Sent from my iPad

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
^^ The only way that we can take a stand against it is by reducing that customer base by spreading the truth about their useless customer service..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ their Quality of service for say internet and GSM network .. like stability/speed etc is really great.. The issue is their ethics and business practice.

roady

Digital Marketer
damn. Which city are you from, chap? That's really bad to hear about Airtel. Once upon a time I was living with Sify broadband.. which was the worst ISP ever. Then came MTNL.. and I had to pay bill for a month despite calling up the CC and requesting them to fix my connection as i can't access net. Finally switched to airtel.. so far so good.. I have to say that CC is great. I don't care about being named in the "most valuable customer" of airtel as long as I get to SEE some solid PROOF on part of their service.

It's really weird that you had to go through all this.

From my own experience, BSNL and MTNL suck. (Delhi)
Tata, Reliance have latency issues (Delhi)
local ISPs... never.

Airtel.. big money looter.. really bad marketing campaigns.. treating us like fools in the case of airtel smartbytes. They think 8gb is sufficient for 2 mbps connection paying Rs. 800/month. Earlier it was 10gb.

And blademaster.. don't be surprised if you don't get any support from fellow Indians to do something about airtel. This is India, after all. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I had two incidents on my Airtel GSM connection.

Once I accidentally clicked a Ad on a Android application which opened a link. I was charged Rs.30 immediately .. when I check with CC they said "you sent a SMS for activation of some 'BlahBlah' service" :| .. This is utter bull crap. I immediately deactivated it (after giving them my address for validation)

Second incident happened last week (partially my mistake too). out of curiosity I subscribed to HelloTunes. I used their website to set it. I was under the impression that hello tunes was Rs.30/month. when activating the service I skipped the "Terms & Conditions" page (sigh). result. a weird billing .. Rs 2/day .. that's double of what I will should have paid i.e., Re 1/Day. When I checked for deactivation code I couldn't find any. due to busy schedule I ignored the loss. I had it active for about 2 weeks, now after going through 121 IVR, I could deactivate it(all the service)..

Sorry for going offtopic but the business practice is bad horrendous with Airtel.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
damn. Which city are you from, chap? That's really bad to hear about Airtel. Once upon a time I was living with Sify broadband.. which was the worst ISP ever. Then came MTNL.. and I had to pay bill for a month despite calling up the CC and requesting them to fix my connection as i can't access net. Finally switched to airtel.. so far so good.. I have to say that CC is great. I don't care about being named in the "most valuable customer" of airtel as long as I get to SEE some solid PROOF on part of their service.

It's really weird that you had to go through all this.

From my own experience, BSNL and MTNL suck. (Delhi)
Tata, Reliance have latency issues (Delhi)
local ISPs... never.

Airtel.. big money looter.. really bad marketing campaigns.. treating us like fools in the case of airtel smartbytes. They think 8gb is sufficient for 2 mbps connection paying Rs. 800/month. Earlier it was 10gb.

And blademaster.. don't be surprised if you don't get any support from fellow Indians to do something about airtel. This is India, after all. :)

I found MTNL to be the best. I know it sucks, but other ISPs are worse. I have tried Sify(about 7-10 years ago), MTNL(5 years ago), MTS(2 years), and now MTNL again. Airtel doesn't provide any broadband service in my area so never tried it, but my cousin who had it says it was stupid too! So its like all ISPs have failed the exam, but still MTNL is topper :p

Top Bottom